mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
I've porked many

Rumor has it the people doing the complaining wanted a handout from the owner Mr Tran, and he wouldn't be shaken down. Sriracha is great, too bad the turds in Irwindale want to run off a responsible tax paying business.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I can't even imagine what these people would think of the smells produced by a large pig, goat or poultry farm. Pig and goat farms have the worst smells farm wise IMO. I have a feeling the smell produced by a hot sauce factory is really not that bad in comparison to anything I have named so far. Sounds like a bunch of snobs looking for a payout or their 15 minutes of fame being interviewed by a local news station. I don't like hot sauce but I hate seeing idiots try to shut down an American based business for any reason other than safety or pollution.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I don't like hot sauce
what is this? how dare you!
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

I've never had this sriracha hot sauce.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
unconceivable!
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I can't even imagine what these people would think of the smells produced by a large pig, goat or poultry farm. Pig and goat farms have the worst smells farm wise IMO. I have a feeling the smell produced by a hot sauce factory is really not that bad in comparison to anything I have named so far. Sounds like a bunch of snobs looking for a payout or their 15 minutes of fame being interviewed by a local news station. I don't like hot sauce but I hate seeing idiots try to shut down an American based business for any reason other than safety or pollution.
If it is, in fact, causing respiratory distress because of smells that are coming from the factory it is both safety and pollution. That being said I doubt that is the issue here. As you noted the odors and pollution associated to large scale farming can be far worse. I recall a zoning dispute once where someone was not allowed to put up apartment buildings. He was allowed to put up a pig farm and put up a large sign that noted "pigs or people, you picked".

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage View Post
Rumor has it the people doing the complaining wanted a handout from the owner Mr Tran, and he wouldn't be shaken down. Sriracha is great, too bad the turds in Irwindale want to run off a responsible tax paying business.
I forget where, but i read something that said this too. People just in it for the money.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
You're missing out. Nuff said the stuff is great on everything. People say they put franks on everything well Sriracha can go on everything franks does and more

Feedback +36/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I'm sorry, people in Irwindale are complaining about a smell?!
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
If it is, in fact, causing respiratory distress because of smells that are coming from the factory it is both safety and pollution. That being said I doubt that is the issue here. As you noted the odors and pollution associated to large scale farming can be far worse. I recall a zoning dispute once where someone was not allowed to put up apartment buildings. He was allowed to put up a pig farm and put up a large sign that noted "pigs or people, you picked".
I could see if the smell burned when inhaled like it was a mildly like pepper spray but I also doubt this is the case. I like that the guy put up a sign like that, I garauntee no one would have picked pig farm if they had ever smelt a large scale pig farm before. That smell burns. I don't mind farm smells enough to complain to anyone who matters, I might say "man that stinks like chit!" But I wouldn't try to get them shut down as long as they were humane and treated their livestock well. Sometimes things just smell.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat