mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

I like rule #8, implying that a sore loser deserves what they get.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Sounds like a bully wrote this.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
I moved to the US when I was 10. Moved to Inner City Pittsburgh. Got my *** kicked the first few years. Best lessons/hint I got from someone was "Don't use your hand you won't win. Take a book/brick/whatever." I fought back 2 twice and got suspend 2 times. No more bully after that.

BTW don't ever throw the first punch always the last. Or you go for the throat and people usually gives up.

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Needs new knees

The proper way to humanely stop a bully!

Video: Bullying Gone Wrong: Girl Almost Gets Choked Out By Boy She Was Picking On!
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Nice lol

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Home school your kids people.
Terrible advice. Almost all kids that come back to a public school after a year of "homeschooling" are a year behind. Unless you take 6 hours of your day to personally tutor your kid (you can't sit them in front of a computer and expect it to happen), then you are not going to see any growth. There is a reason why many states are pushing towards master's degrees as a standard for teachers.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
MagMaster

This is as easy as it goes - how I was taught:

Someone hits you once - tell them to stop.

Someone hits you twice - scream at them to stop.

Someone hits you the third time - aim for the nose or neck.

There was a kid that punched me every morning for about 2 months my freshman year in HS. My homeroom teacher saw it going on and talked to me about it. I told her it wasn't a big deal and that I was going to take care of it. The next day he hit me again and I broke his nose, went into homeroom, told her that I broke Dave's nose and that I should probably head to the principal's office. She said "yes, you should go to the principal's office, and GOOD JOB!"

Almost everyone gets bullied for one reason or another in life. It is how you react that defines if you will be bullied further.

PS - sorry NoClue, inner Pgh is tough as hell!
AO Feedback +22/-0:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ion-s-feedback
PbNation Feedback +20/-0:
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=469247
thecroatiansensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Terrible advice. Almost all kids that come back to a public school after a year of "homeschooling" are a year behind. Unless you take 6 hours of your day to personally tutor your kid (you can't sit them in front of a computer and expect it to happen), then you are not going to see any growth. There is a reason why many states are pushing towards master's degrees as a standard for teachers.
Depends on why you're doing it, what you're teaching them, and (probably most importantly) whether they're self-starters.

I left public school after 4th grade and didn't return to public school until 9th, mainly so I wouldn't be bored to tears waiting for the lowest common denominator to figure out the lesson of the moment, partly because a regular school day was getting in the way of swimming. I did Calvert correspondence classes for a couple years, and a purely homebrewed curriculum for the last two that was heavy on research, analytical thinking, and writing. When I showed up at public high school in a good northern VA county for 9th-12th, I was far ahead of my new friends in honors/AP.

VA also has a requirement that you prove the effectiveness of your homeschooling--the easiest way to do it was to show up and take the same annual standardized tests the public school kids were taking. Interestingly, while a lot of my homeschooled peers were getting religiously-influenced lessons that I viewed as being less than rigorous, as a group homeschooled kids still tended to outperform the public schoolers on those tests.

As for bullies...let's just say zero tolerance for fighting was not a policy anyone tried to enforce when homeschooled kids got together. Acting like a jackass would get you fought, and later someone would probably yell at you for provoking it. The frequent religious nuttery aside, common sense tended to prevail.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

I love the stories i've read so far. I haven't seen one where any of you folk acted improperly and a lot of you put up with some right ****! I was bullied pretty much all the way through school as in all of it. Ginger hair see, made me the obvious target lol.
I only got into fights a few times and alway let the other person get physical first.

The great thing about being a kid is you can hit as hard as you like and there is almost no risk of seriously injuring someone.. so I did. ONe bop to the nose on the "leader" in most cases very suddenly takes the fight out of the group thats after you. Then you laugh and walk away. But only if they hit you first. Yeah i didn't get bullied by one or two lol was mostly groups heheh. But i never had to fight everyone. just work out who everyone looked to and do them and its done.
However here is a warning. As you get older you hit harder. I scared my self one time for several reasons and since then have used my manner and talking to blow off any agro.
The last time I got into a fight was when I volunteered at a youth club. At the end of the night there were some lads hanging around outside waiting for one lad in particular. I would have been 19 at the time, these lads would have been 16-18 so size wise we all were not too different (apart from one huge man child at the back lol) anyway. This one lad who came to the youth club was constantly picked on at school so of course this groups leader started mouthing off. Watching I noticed a few looked drunk so normal conventions of a fight would not prevail ie one on one. They were looking to batter somebody. Now i have a good mate who is particularly cocky (and funnily enough was not a fighter) and on seeing what was about to happen to the young lad being picked on stepped in and confused the leader with a series of annoying questions. My mate had a knack for really winding up people and confusing them at the same time. its a gift of his. Unfortunately this redirected all attention on my mate. After a back and forth that the leader could not keep up with he realised he was being made a fool of and decide to hit my mate. A few moments later he was on his back with my hand round his neck and me screaming in his face "I WILL FOOKING RIP YOUR FOOKING HED OFF IF YOU TRY TO HIT MY MATE". As you can probably tell I was a little in shock by what I had done as it took nearly an hour and some explaining to find out what I had done!
I was suddenly snapped back to reality by the lady who ran the Youth club shouting at me to get off of him! She was another friends mum so I immediately jumped up and backed off. It was only then that I realised not one of this "leaders" friends had come to help him. They stood around looking a little shocked. Afterward I was told that I leaped at the guy as he tried to go in for a punch and smashed him in the neck with an open grip, my weight advantage and his drunkness led him to fall back and hit his head. stunned he laid there while i screamed obscenities in his face, clamping his neck hard.

The incident scared me for two reasons. One - what if his friends had jumped in. There were about 12 of them, i would not have been able to fight that many back then when i was super fit, never mind now lol. At least two were bigger than me though younger. If they had jumped in I would have been beaten up pretty bad. This has always bothered me. Why did they not jump in?
Two - WHat if he had hit his head harder on the floor, what if i had lost control, what if i had.. you get the idea. I was scared by what I had done. Years of suppressed anger seemed to explode from me. All because I had a hatred for bullies from my own experiences.

Since then there have been two incident that I think i handled quite well. I stopped a fight from occuring by putting my self between two guys and telling each of the to leave off (this was at a paintball game), I got a bit of abuse but importantly nobody got hurt. Then I got verbally abused by a bit of a sore loser? at my local paintball site (what again?) for asking him if any of my balls had hit him. This one made me laugh because my hair colour was included in the insult along with the C-word. I laughed and told him to chill out.

My point about bullies is this though. They are people, and they are just as scared of everything as you. Yeah there are lots of ways to handle them but not really giving a damn has worked quite well for me in recent years, something which I wish I had done in school. Violence and revenge is funny when your a kid and the bad guy get's his come upance but its when you get older you realise violence is never the answer. It never has to go that far.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

lol the onion

heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat