mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

What the Hell is wrong with kids these days?

Well, over the past few weeks, certain events have led me to question the wisdom and intelegence of the kids in my area.

let's start with the fact i work at an ammusement park. some of the kids the go there are bloody stuipid. doing things they *know* will get them kicked out, for instance, purposefully trying to hit the guys working on the go-kart track.

then a couple weeks ago, i stepped in when five (maybe six?) kids were trying to rob a woman in her 40s; not half a block away from my bank. the Youth Emergency Shelter is a few buildings away from my bank, and the kids who use it are not those who really need it; young punks, or white-boy rapper types who only go there so mom and dad will buy them the new sound system for their Honda Civic.

so i walk down a narrow side street next to my bank and just out of sight of the main road these kids have a woman up against a wall (semicircle around her) telling her to just give them the cash. i walk up and say 'Hey, guys' to which i get the response "step off B****, unless you wanna get hurt"

I wasn't raised in a way that would allow me to walk away from that.

i respond along the lines of "i think the lady would like to be left alone" one of the punks responds with something like "You wanna die man? you can't beat all of us" three of them, and maybe a forth square off with me. to which i respond (and i remember this clearly) " No, I can't beat all of you, but by the time i hit the ground, at least half of you are going to be headed to the hospital" they, of course, started walking away claiming i wasn't worth their time.
I walked the woman a few blocks to the downtown core to a business owner i trust and then headed home.

for those of you who have never been in a serious fight, close in fighting aginst multiple opponents is brutal, the only time it has happened i gave broken bones and shattered joints to my attackers.

what i can't get over is how kids like that get off doing something like that, i would add that i'm not small; 6'2" 190-200lbs and very little fat; these kids stood between 6' and 5'8" and all between 140lbs and 160lbs. What the hell goes through these kids minds when they do something like that and tell people that if they try to stop them, they will kill? one day they're going to try to rob the wrong person and get stabbed or shot.

i'm 20, these kids were all around 16-18

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Target

I wasn't raised in a way that would allow me to walk away from that.

i respond along the lines of "i think the lady would like to be left alone" one of the punks responds with something like "You wanna die man? you can't beat all of us" three of them, and maybe a forth square off with me. to which i respond (and i remember this clearly) " No, I can't beat all of you, but by the time i hit the ground, at least half of you are going to be headed to the hospital" they, of course, started walking away claiming i wasn't worth their time.

Nice... good job to you, sir.

By the way... this part of the story reminds me of a favorite Ron White line:

"I don't know how many of them it would have taken to kick my ***... but I know how many they were going to USE!"
Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I am glad that some young folks stand up for what is right. I do this all the time and have never regretted it once. Keep it up. Only by confronting these things do we impact our society in a positive way. The days of looking the other way are over…………
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Bravo. Now THAT is the type of "concerned/committed citizen" I'd like to deal with all day (not the whiny anonymous-caller suck-ups ratting out neighbors for having an unregistered vehicle on their property in violation of some ancient town by-law...whoopty-f*ing-do)

Keep sticking to your ethics and beliefs...you'll go far. Sometimes all it takes is someone to stand up for what's right, and the losers show their true colors.

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Target
one day they're going to try to rob the wrong person and get stabbed or shot.
That person would be me.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavistime
That person would be me.
or me...

" He was grabbing somehting from under his shirt, and I was in fear for my life...."

What's wrong with kids these days? No morals, except what whatever choice media pushes into their face. Parents who want to be buddies instead of role models, or who are just so damn busy working that they arent there (I thank our lovely 50% tax system on that one), or parent who dont care what their kids do.

Good for you sir for standing up for what is right. I fortunatly have not been in this situation on either end, and hope that if that time comes, myself or tohters can do the same as you.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Bravo! You sir, are a hero.

I have never been in a similar situation but would like to think I would do the same thing if I was in your place.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I Think the kids today have a superman complex and really wish to die in some circumstances..

Ill keep is short.. I had a kid pic a fight with me at work because I refuse to fill his beat up out of hydro tank. He stepped away when I sat up from my chair and he relized " Oh crap hes bigger than I thought " me 23 5'8 220 and works out every morning , and recreationaly runs laps with my marine friend through our town that we live in. Kid 17-18 5'6 maybe 150 - 160 if I even through a punch at him he would of shattered....

Want a simple explanation for kids and there stupidity these days?? Its only 2 simple to grasp and understand things..

Bad Parenting and The media

I dont know about any one else here if my mom/dad said not to do something and I did it there would be hell to pay. Now adays if a parent says not to do something and the kid does it they just say " awww look at him he is acting out his independance " or they will go to smack the kid upside the head and the kid will threaten to call child services on them.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy
... Parents ... who are just so damn busy working that they arent there (I thank our lovely 50% tax system on that one)...
It's not so much the taxes as it is the desire to 'keep up with the Jones's.' My wife stays at home with the kids, homeschooling them, while I go off to work. Now I don't make a ton of money (in other words nowhere near 6 figures). But I make enough to allow us to live in a house that is a bit smaller than our peers, but is comfortable. We don't buy new cars, we buy used, and we try not to be frivolous with our money.

So I blame it on the attitude that says 'if we're approved for a $300,000 mortgage we have to use all of it.' The funny part is if you do your research, when both parents are working, you don't get that much of an income boost once you take out baby sitting/day care. Between that and the fact that we'd have less of an influence on our kids lives than their teachers/day care providers, we decided it wasn't worth it.

Good job doing what is right. Too many people look the other way these days.
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Parents dont kick the **** out of kids like they use too. My dad kicked the living crap out of us when we were younger. I got an aunt whose kids are nazi's reencarnated. WORST kids ever. Little brats, when they do anything wrong, my aunt goes: "Oh, hes just going through a stage, hes upset because hes not phsycologically....blah blah tom Cruise blah blah."

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat