mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bland

Russian physicists trying to rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower

Quote:
“Tesla was right and we are ready to prove it!” So say the two Russian physicists who have just launched an Indiegogo campaign to rebuild Nikola Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower in Fall, 2014. Tesla believed that the tower could transmit power wirelessly but this was never definitively proven in his lifetime.

If he was right, and after extensive study the team are convinced he was, the project could provide an efficient, worldwide energy transmission system that would distribute all the clean energy we can use.

That Tesla was a genius is undisputed even by his detractors, but more than 70 years after his death, he remains a polarizing figure.

Leonid Plekhanov and Sergey Plekhanov have spent the last five years studying and modeling Tesla’s notes and patents for the tower and they are certain the project is viable with the use of modern materials and technology.

As their Indiegogo page notes: “Nikola Tesla had left us a very detailed description of the design of his Magnifying Transmitter System and the physical principles of its operation. We are a group of modern-day physicists, trained in many areas related to the operation of his Worldwide Energy System. We’ve conducted a thorough scientific expertise of his works and came to the conclusion that Tesla was on the right track.”
Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla

Anyone have a problem with free electricity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Finding a good paintball game outside your area is like trying to figure out which neighborhood is the best for buying drugs.
Current Markers:
The Modern Pirate - Convertible Feed Sheridan

MCB Feedback
Tdot Feedback
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
So many answers. Oh so political.

But on a useful side to this conversation this is a really really neat concept and I hope it can be brought to fruition.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla

I understand "wireless transmission," butI'm not sure how they will provide it "free." Someone still has to generate the power. That costs money.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Tesla was the poo
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnigan View Post
I understand "wireless transmission," butI'm not sure how they will provide it "free." Someone still has to generate the power. That costs money.
1) Put up solar panels
2) Connect them to wireless transmitter
3) ?????
4) Profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
So many answers. Oh so political.
inb4 mod shutdown

I'm not sure just this is 100% possible, but they suggested a huge solar panel field.

Quote:
The principle behind the current design is that we already have an unlimited source for all the energy we could need – the sun. A 100,000 square kilometer solar array in a nice, sunny desert somewhere could provide for all our global power needs. The problem lies in distributing that power, as current systems leak so much energy.

Quote:
Finding a good paintball game outside your area is like trying to figure out which neighborhood is the best for buying drugs.
Current Markers:

MCB Feedback
Tdot Feedback
Old 07-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
MagMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
Tesla was the poo
^^Tesla was the greatest inventor of the 20th century. Anyone who invents the radio, a death ray and a building oscillation machine is awesome in my opinion.
AO Feedback +22/-0:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ion-s-feedback
PbNation Feedback +20/-0:
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=469247
thecroatiansensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
it will all end in tears
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnigan View Post
Someone has to make the machine that makes the free power. That's the sale, the machine(s). The buyers would compare the cost of the machine to the cost of their electric bill and see which one wins out.

I read somewhere (popular science?) that the Earth gets enough solar energy in an hour to power everything we need for a year. Aside from the obvious problems from blocking out the sun if we collected everything the sun gave us for power, collecting the power isn't a problem. The problem is that the system that collects the power is more expensive than the savings the system provides by collecting the power. The hope with the subidies is that the manufacturing/collectors will eventually get efficient enough that you get past the break even point. Without that initial (an constant) research, it will never get there.

Personally, I get enough sun and wind at my house that if it were cost effective, I'd already have these systems installed.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bland

Renewable energy is just one of those things.

The cost would go down if it was more popular, but it's not that popular because of the cost.

Quote:
Current Markers:

MCB Feedback
Tdot Feedback
Old 07-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Dyson Sphere...all problems solved
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat