mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

lets share our feelings

Well today I made a ****ty ****ty trade and now im feeling so frustrated with myself. I had a 7 year old 110 Chinese no name bike. It had like an estimated 40-60 miles on it so it wasnt very heavily used at all. I was selling it to get money for college. We paid like 550 for it way back when so I wanted to get right around 350 to 400 for it because it was in truly like new condition. I traded the bike for a tracxus 3.3 rc truck. Its used but seems like its alright. I had it appraised at a hobby shop and they said IF everything works the way it should I should definitely get 250 but have wiggle room to get a little more. I just feel like an idiot. I was too eager to sell something that had good value and I traded it for a wild card that is wither going to be somewhat worth while or worthless if it has issues I dont know about. Im definetly dissapointed in myself.

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
i want an tippmann factory fa
looking for tippmanns and also looking for firestorm gatlin cranks
Looking for 2 identical guns either cheap mechs or cheap electros now making basic double trouble kits.
FarisPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Well, the good news is that you'll end up on the news when that guys turns his paperclip into a porsche

Just kidding. That's a bummer, but some life lessons come way more expensive than this one. Could be worse.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

lesson learned; do your research before you make a deal.
Cyco-Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

It definitely could have been worse. However I always want to punch the guy who tells me that.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Don't necessarily take the hobby shops appraisal as a final value unless you plan to sell to them. You're better off posting pics and a detailed list of ups on it to a dedicated rc hobby forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Don't necessarily take the hobby shops appraisal as a final value unless you plan to sell to them. You're better off posting pics and a detailed list of ups on it to a dedicated rc hobby forum.
Is there a good site you recommend? And thanks for the reassuring words the parents are definitely dissatisfied but I am the one whos disappointed. A lesson has been learned. I just wish I didnt always have to learn things the hard way.

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
i want an tippmann factory fa
looking for tippmanns and also looking for firestorm gatlin cranks
Looking for 2 identical guns either cheap mechs or cheap electros now making basic double trouble kits.
FarisPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
Send a PM to Rcjunky on here, he can tell you want your gear is worth. He works at a hobby store and is a racer.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Having sold a few pretty much new bikes for my ex when she needed money for college...

You can barely give them away.
fossilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I would question your bike value. My guess is on an older bike, you are lucky to get 1/2 of what you paid for it.

Check out Bicycle Blue Book - Used Bikes for the value.

For example, a 2006 Fuji Team sold for $1950 (MSRP, probably sold for a little less), value in excellent condition is $638, I picked up this bike last fall from a friend for $400. It was last Fall and the riding season was pretty much over and he was (at the time) moving outside of the US.

Sometimes on a low end road bike in really good condition, you will pay over Bicycle blue book, but it gives you an idea. I picked up a used Fuji for my son and paid $100 over Bicycle blue book, but it was in good shape and alot cheaper than a new bike.

If you do not have shifters on your handle bars, resale is really tough.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I did the same thing, bud. Had a Jeep that was in decent shape, sold it, turned right around and bought a piece of crap. Ended up losing 300-500 on it, but I learned my lesson.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat