mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

At least in a conventional war the targets were designated military targets such as a armed jet, troops on the ground, or a tank...not a commercial jet at 30,000 ft...the world really is going to crap. Next war I suspect many millions will die just because there will be no civilian considerations since this world is turning barbaric and kill anything in sight.

My B/S/T Feedback
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC19K View Post
At least in a conventional war the targets were designated military targets such as a armed jet, troops on the ground, or a tank...not a commercial jet at 30,000 ft...the world really is going to crap. Next war I suspect many millions will die just because there will be no civilian considerations since this world is turning barbaric and kill anything in sight.
Look up the firebombing of Dresden and tell me how much more "civilized" and "honorable" we were in the "good old days". War is horrible, has always been horrible, and while it hasn't gotten much better it hasn't gotten any worse either.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Oldbie

At least they know where this one went.

FYBIPPB

HyperU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

This is not there year with flight 370 and now this...not good.

My B/S/T Feedback
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y30NfxXAdVY

VICE news has has a on going series about Ukraine, they started back in march

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8zuC7Uwyv76h7R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNKsLlK52ss

Last edited by Rymzor; 07-18-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Rymzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
We may never get conclusive evidence about this. Not to go all government cover up paranoid tinfoil hat, but this was shot down by a mobile sam system. These are not turn-key systems and take a lot of training. The Russians are using military advisors just the same as we do in conflicts. The odds of finding the black box or any evidence is long across the border by this point. The 'rebels' that took control of the crash site without a doubt had advisors with them in order to secure any damning proof. The order may not have come straight from the kremlin but without a doubt this was not a simple terrorist with a rocket launcher. This kind of accident is how the excrement strikes the thermal modifying device.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I heard on the radio this morning that there is an Australian lady who lost a family member in both this and flight 370. Now that is a rough year.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I keep hearing, and reading, that it was a Russian surface to air missile system and then that means it must be linked to the current Russian government or the separatists. Its in the Ukraine. Of course if a SAM system was used it was Russian built - where do you expect all of the SAM systems in the former USSR were built? The idea that it was a Russian built SAM missile does little to point to who did it.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Bad@ss

Oh man, being Russian and all this is all over the news (Russian news). The majority of the news stations that are covering it are saying that is was Russian Extremists that shot the plane down. However, the Russian news is giving a completely different story saying president Putin was flying a similar route (as one person on this forum stated) and that he was not only flying the same type of plane, but the same colour.

So here we go again with conspiracy theories about how Ukrainians were trying to kill Putin and blah blah blah, and then with the other theories about how Russians were trying to shoot down a Ukrainian plane, which btw had no Ukrainian people on it...
Old 07-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofEverything View Post

So here we go again with conspiracy theories about how Ukrainians were trying to kill Putin and blah blah blah, and then with the other theories about how Russians were trying to shoot down a Ukrainian plane, which btw had no Ukrainian people on it...
The prevailing theory is that the Russian rebels mistook it for a Ukrainian military supply plane.

My Feedback!
ajohnson677 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat