mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofEverything View Post

So here we go again with conspiracy theories about how Ukrainians were trying to kill Putin and blah blah blah, and then with the other theories about how Russians were trying to shoot down a Ukrainian plane, which btw had no Ukrainian people on it...
Why would Putin fly over a war zone of the country that hates him?
__________________
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bad@ss
 
2ofEverything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Why would Putin fly over a war zone of the country that hates him?
I dunno, I never really cared enough to watch the rest, it was just the intro they were talking about how his plane was flying a similar route and it looked similar and stuff like that.

Edit: Someone posted a link to what I'm talking about earlier
__________________
Dual wielding tpx's
2ofEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Newbie++
 
noclue119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofEverything View Post
I dunno, I never really cared enough to watch the rest, it was just the intro they were talking about how his plane was flying a similar route and it looked similar and stuff like that.

Edit: Someone posted a link to what I'm talking about earlier
That is like the Chinese government saying "China has invaded Taiwan because the Chinese President was trying to get to the area affected by the super typhoon and we mistakenly landed in Taiwan along with all Army, Air Force and Navy."

State run media of single party socialist government can't be trusted.
__________________
For Sale: Tactical G6R with Full Auto

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."



My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ninja
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nor Cal

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
One American killed. Obama is talking about response now....

(Don't make this political)
__________________

JF Paintball & Airsoft
Grass Valley, CA
(530) 273-3582
Everything to Get You in the GAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
We don't lower the bar so that everyone can get an A. That's a foolish notion.
dack maddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Bad@ss
 
2ofEverything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
State run media of single party socialist government can't be trusted.
That's what I'm getting at. But there's also been a lot of bullsh*t going around about the Russians. I have family over there that is Ukrainian and they'll tell you it's not what the news over here makes it out to be. Sure you have a few extremists over there and what not but the way the media is making it's like Russians are the new Al'Qaeda. Still, I'm not arguing that it could have been a group of Russian extremists that shot down that plane.
__________________
Dual wielding tpx's
2ofEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Newbie++
 
noclue119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofEverything View Post
That's what I'm getting at. But there's also been a lot of bullsh*t going around about the Russians. I have family over there that is Ukrainian and they'll tell you it's not what the news over here makes it out to be. Sure you have a few extremists over there and what not but the way the media is making it's like Russians are the new Al'Qaeda. Still, I'm not arguing that it could have been a group of Russian extremists that shot down that plane.
Sure I believe that.
That is why it is important to read both sides of the new when a dispute goes on. Because the truth is somewhere in the middle.
__________________
For Sale: Tactical G6R with Full Auto

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."



My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Sure I believe that.
That is why it is important to read both sides of the new when a dispute goes on. Because the truth is somewhere in the middle.
What surprises me about this is how many people seem to know, definitively, what happened without having things like the flight data recorder. Some of the answers are simply coming too quickly for me to believe them.
__________________
"The Truth is the same no matter under what name it is taught, or who teaches it. Strip it of the personal coloring of the teacher and it is seen to be the same--THE TRUTH" - William Walker Atkinson

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado
 
idkfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

CCM Fan
It takes serious hardware to take down a plane at 33,000 ft.

Not wanting to tread into conspiracy territory, but my first thought was that a Buk (Gainfull/Gadfly/Grizzly) would do it:

Is this flight MH17's smoking gun? Footage emerges of BUK missile launcher being moved into place in Russian separatist stronghold just two hours before MH17 was shot out of the sky | Mail Online

Both sides (and I am sure anyone with a few dollars) have access to it.
__________________
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Slowly making progress
 
desertT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vail, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
What surprises me about this is how many people seem to know, definitively, what happened without having things like the flight data recorder. Some of the answers are simply coming too quickly for me to believe them.
"Gabby Giffords is dead." That, and the resulting 'correction' is the event that made up my mind that I don't listen to anything as fact until 24 hours after, at a minimum. Everyone is so eager to say everything because later they can say that they broke the news first. In the end, when 99% of the reports were wrong, nobody boo's those people. Because of that, there is no reason to say as much of you can and cling to what eventually turns out to be correct.
__________________
>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
"Gabby Giffords is dead." That, and the resulting 'correction' is the event that made up my mind that I don't listen to anything as fact until 24 hours after, at a minimum. Everyone is so eager to say everything because later they can say that they broke the news first. In the end, when 99% of the reports were wrong, nobody boo's those people. Because of that, there is no reason to say as much of you can and cling to what eventually turns out to be correct.
the people managing news outlets are so engrossed with competing against the internet that they can't see their own strengths.

they have absolutely more ability to report things at a higher accuracy than random joes on the internet, even though they will never be faster than all the joes combined.

somehow, the management gets fixated on trying to beat the random joes to the punch, stuck in a futile attempt to beat the internet at its own game, all the while losing the one advantage they truly have that the internet will never get.

if you go back to your home field, and play to your strengths exclusive to you, then people will have a real big reason to go to you. instead of doing that, you're playing someone else's game and now you're neither fast nor accurate...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC