mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:30 AM   #51 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I keep hearing, and reading, that it was a Russian surface to air missile system and then that means it must be linked to the current Russian government or the separatists. Its in the Ukraine. Of course if a SAM system was used it was Russian built - where do you expect all of the SAM systems in the former USSR were built? The idea that it was a Russian built SAM missile does little to point to who did it.
It does however, narrow down the possible scenarios that may have occurred.

Correct if I'm wrong, but the Russian separatists dont have any air assets, right? But the Ukrainians do. That means that if this was an accident, it is likely that it was done by Russian separatists, and not by Ukrainian soldiers, as it wouldnt make sense for them to be carrying mobile SAMs to counter against a non-existant air threat, and running the risk that they may fall into enemy hands.

If it was intentional, then i guess thats an entirely different story.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:48 AM   #52 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

May have been a dude...who got a S.A.M. launcher, recently, saw a blip...panicked...pushed the button...oops!
Tick is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat