mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Handlebar Moustache

Has anyone here grown one? Did you use moustache wax? What was the final out come? How long did you keep it? Problems with it? Problems kissing your significant other?

I'm contemplating it as a project for fall.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beard View Post
I'm contemplating it as a project for fall.
personally i think they look ridiculous, but since facial hair grows relatively fast i'd say to hell with it...just go for it. it's your face...you're allowed to have fun with it! if it turns out it's not so great for you, just shave it off or trim it down. no harm no foul.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
well i already have a foot long goatee/beard thing going on......so ridiculous isn't too far away for me.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beard View Post
well i already have a foot long goatee/beard thing going on......so ridiculous isn't too far away for me.
lol...on to more useful information, the art of manliness has plenty on the matter; dig in.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I currently have one. No recent pictures and I also have a three-week beard, or I'd share. I started it last No-Shave November, bought wax, so couldn't waste it.
I trimmed the middle of it a while back. It makes it easier to push into passable shape without wax, and it's a lot more comfortable to eat that way, but loses the 'English gentleman' look for more of a Dali.
Some people can brush it into shape, but I'm Irish and/or Scotch-Irish descent, maybe with some proper Scottish thrown in, so my facial hair is stubborn as all get-out. Thus my moustache does what it will. Until it gets a certain length, one side curls into perfect shape, but the other reverses it. :P
As for wax, I can't even bother with the Clubman cream stuff I can actually find at Walgreen's. Firehouse's Wacky Tacky is the best stuff out there.
My MCB Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Moriearty Hobby Supply on eBay and Facebook.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d67972340543916
this style or another style of Handlebar Moustache
Old 07-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pew pew

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I have one, just a small one. Don't wanna stand out too much!

I use a Swedish mustache wax that is a little softer most of the time but I have another brand that gives a really stiff hold.

Soft wax
Mustaschvax - Citrus | Mr Bear Family

Hard wax
Gold Dachs Bartwichse Hungarian Moustache Wax

BPM

Last edited by Blue Swede; 07-22-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Blue Swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Marksman

Blue Swede well done mine is similar, just incorporated with a beard.
I use moustache wax that comes in a chapstick container very tough stuff no name brand.
As far as attention I get it is mostly positive, some people just can't handle it's power, but that's there problem and your advantage. I say do it its fun and you get to learn your moustache.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

There's a speedball guy in the pros who runs with a handlebar over a beard. It looked pretty epic. I'd reccomend that. Handlebar by itself is somewhat pervy. Lots of products out there that are pretty good. Get a bee's wax version. Also, use beard oil for when you're growing it all in to keep the hairs soft, low itch, and pliable for shaping. I mix my own and have concocted a variety of different smells. One you might like is the following recipe.
Get a 1-2oz glass spray bottle from a health food shop.
Mix 1/3 Almond oil with vitamin E (keeps acne down and great for keeping skin happy)
1/3 Jojoba oil
1/3 grapeseed oil

This makes your base. It should have no scent.

If you want a good scent try the following....adjust as needed. The blends need 24hours to develop the best smell.
Woodsman (25 scent drops per 1oz base oil)
1/3 pine essential oil (PURE!)
1/3 cedar essential oil
1/3 sandalwood essential oil

I've got other blends if you like. Let me know.

Free face painting.....bring yo kidz.......
AngryScottishRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

No handlebar, but a mustache that I maintain while my beard goes from 3/16"trimmed to longer. When I need to I rub some Stache Bomb (Stache Bomb Stache Wax- Moustache Wax From Maine - Home) on it and get things going just right. I don't do the ball of was on each finger tip and smear around and then rub in and comb around... that just ends up looking like you shoved your face in some food and didn't use a napkin. I just rub my forefinger around the tin in a circle until it's got some wax on it and then apply and rub it in. Mr. Natty has his **** together with regards to keeping your stache looking well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiW8lreG0Aw

I had a nice mustache comb at one point but the damn things just get lost and at $7 a piece (no not that cheap pos clubman crap you get at Rite aid) it has not been replaced.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat