mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
wookie in a mask

Send a message via Yahoo to p8ntballr68059

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
29.2 Million a year to play baseball - arguably the only difference is Cabrera may be in the discussion as one of the best hitters of all time by the time it is done. I am not certain how that compares to the soccer deal.

Miguel Cabrera's deal done: Tigers sign off on $292M commitment - CBSSports.com
my big argument with this is baseball is a non physical sport. he is way over paid. if i was paying a baseball player it would be -$900,000.00 a year cuz they waste so much time where better things could be on tv.

people that say that is too much need to look at all american sports such as baseball, football and basketball. they are more grossly over paid for the number of minutes they put in a game

p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr68059 View Post
my big argument with this is baseball is a non physical sport. he is way over paid. if i was paying a baseball player it would be -$900,000.00 a year cuz they waste so much time where better things could be on tv.

people that say that is too much need to look at all american sports such as baseball, football and basketball. they are more grossly over paid for the number of minutes they put in a game
I'd like to play baseball for you please .

Edit: Oops. Saw that as an approximate, not - sign. time for new glasses

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 07-24-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I'd like to play baseball for you please .
You want to owe him 900k to play baseball?

I've got a bridge to sell you and my uncle is a Nigerian prince that is trying to unload diamond money you just have to send me $500 to verify your account.

...and I thought little league was getting steep at $300 for a season

I think across the board, every professional sport, players and teams management should cut their salaries in half and then cut the price of tickets by 1/3. Season tickets for any team in any sport shouldn't be over 5k at the cheapest. I'm not suggesting box level, but 300 level seats should not start at 15k. But it likely won't change as even the Sabres (dead last in NHL last season) have a waiting list for season tickets, so people are willing to buy them.

When I go golfing I bring two pair of paints in case I get a hole in one.

Allegheny College Paintball - Founder and Alumni
ΔTΔ Fraternity Alumni - TCFP
OTTO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTO13 View Post
You want to owe him 900k to play baseball?

I've got a bridge to sell you and my uncle is a Nigerian prince that is trying to unload diamond money you just have to send me $500 to verify your account.

...and I thought little league was getting steep at $300 for a season

I think across the board, every professional sport, players and teams management should cut their salaries in half and then cut the price of tickets by 1/3. Season tickets for any team in any sport shouldn't be over 5k at the cheapest. I'm not suggesting box level, but 300 level seats should not start at 15k. But it likely won't change as even the Sabres (dead last in NHL last season) have a waiting list for season tickets, so people are willing to buy them.
LOL - I read that as approximately. My bad

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat