mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Buck i thought gov passed a law where someone can not write check that is date far in adv. for some reason i thought gov passed law that makes ilegal to write check for next day and have you be able to cash same day. also if person doing what he said about paying you. you can take legal action. since person can not give work check and tell them to wait awhile. since gov requires some place to have account to hold payroll money.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
Buck i thought gov passed a law where someone can not write check that is date far in adv. for some reason i thought gov passed law that makes ilegal to write check for next day and have you be able to cash same day. also if person doing what he said about paying you. you can take legal action. since person can not give work check and tell them to wait awhile. since gov requires some place to have account to hold payroll money.
Very good point Chris. Businesses are required to have separate accounts for business expenses, I.e. paying their employees. So what if its only been done in spurts, this guy is skirting the law and is boning you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Very good point Chris. Businesses are required to have separate accounts for business expenses, I.e. paying their employees. So what if its only been done in spurts, this guy is skirting the law and is boning you.
so my booking class and accounting class did come in handy. you also got to be careful when guy does give you check. there couple place in FL that if you cash check that yours or some else check and it bounce. good luck going back to place to cash check. since will stop you from cashing checks in bounce check get replaced. we have grocery store that does that. i was luck. when my warehouse job was doing what he did i had my bank cash it all time. few people i use to work with fed flag from grocery store for cash warehouse bounce check for not having money in his business account.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
You are being manipulated. A liar does not change.
This is it, right here.

I worked for a company for over 6 years. Long story short, they shafted me for over $3k in expenses.

He wants you to stay because he's ****ing you over and you're too nice to ask for lube.

He knows you're unhappy and want to leave but he can't commit to a time to talk to you about it? Shows how much he would hate to lose you.

GTFO ASAP.
Feedback
BoBo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Get a new job and bail! Give him the notice in writing, don't back down. When he gives you the sob story, ask him why after working there 3 year you are not running a CNC machine and he hired someone out of high school to run it...

Good luck, you deserve better! Showing up and working hard seems to be a rarer and rarer trait.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCD Member

It's business. Be polite when you give your notice. Don't let whatever he says sway you. He's trying to retain a good/cheap employee and you're trying to start your career. If you want to report him for stuff, that's up to you. You don't need to worry about his feelings or about leaving him shorthanded. As a business owner, he should have a plan for that.
You need to do what's right for you, and this job doesn't sound like it's it.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
I made of list of things that bothered me about the job(Consulting). Gave it to my boss and said I was unhappy and here are the reasons. If these things don't change I am out of here. 6 month later, I quit with a 2 month notice.

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Since everyone here is telling you to leave, I'll play devil's advocate and say, "stick it out, it'll get better soon." Think about his needs. He may need to go to Italy again soon. jk, bail on that beggar. 2 weeks is being polite, and gives him more than enough time to find a replacement. There is no shortage of unskilled (heck, even most skilled) labor these days.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
Has ridges...

I don't understand this two weeks business. That's a carry-over from generations past.

Would he give you two weeks notice before letting you go?

"Polite" is being able to accurately convey your wants and needs so that a relationship can thrive on mutual successes. If you've been unable to do that, there's a significant personal failure there. Just try again... Someplace new.

TPX
Ruffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 AM   #30 (permalink)

Just curious why you mentioned searching for a job with this guy? You've kinda burnt a bridge there. Don't confide anything in an employer ever. No one is trustworthy these days. Find your new job, get hired, then give the two week's notice. Be prepared for those last two weeks to be rough.

Free face painting.....bring yo kidz.......
AngryScottishRocker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat