mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Mythbusters are losing Kari, Tory, and Grant (but mostly Kari)

Full article

Quote:
Kari Byron, Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara of the hit Discovery Channel series “MythBusters” will not be returning for a 2015 season. Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman made the heartbreaking announcement at the end of their episode on Thursday, Aug. 21, to confirm that the trio is leaving the science entertainment program.
I am super sad, loved to watch the show (mainly for Kari), and now going back to just Adam and Jamie. I don't think it is going to be as fun to watch now.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I am going to miss watching tori hurt himself
ilivlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

They're losing their main sex appeal for men? Man I'll miss seeing Tory and Grant
Old 08-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post

I am super sad, loved to watch the show (mainly for Kari), and now going back to just Adam and Jamie. I don't think it is going to be as fun to watch now.
When they started making the "helpers" extra hosts, I feel like the show died a little. I'm not sure if they dropped in quality of myths, or if they were just trying to get as many views as possible. I very much prefer the early seasons, where there weren't shenanigans and not everything ended up exploding. If I wanted to watch that, there's plenty of other reality shows where I can see it. Grant leaving could hurt, because he was involved in a lot of the builds. I think he may be working ont he set of Star Wars, though.

I would love to see a more in-depth approach with Adam and Jamie. More info on the builds and the science behind it.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
When they started making the "helpers" extra hosts, I feel like the show died a little. I'm not sure if they dropped in quality of myths, or if they were just trying to get as many views as possible. I very much prefer the early seasons, where there weren't shenanigans and not everything ended up exploding. If I wanted to watch that, there's plenty of other reality shows where I can see it.
That happened due to Discovery getting their dumb dirty hands in the middle of everything. You'll notice that almost every show on that channel has gone downhill fast and hard with fake drama and explosions everywhere you look. On top of that, the show has been on for 10 years so they're really running out of myths.

Kari, Tory, and Grant were a joy to watch in my opinion. They always had fun with it, I'm going to miss them.

My Feedback!
ajohnson677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
They're losing their main sex appeal for men? Man I'll miss seeing Tory and Grant
I know what you were trying to say, but it came off differently, lol.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

it comes down to fact was not for change up we would not had them. only reason why they brought on was so they can not more stuff. most people do not know how long it takes to do each myth. as show started it was great. but people want to see more myths. so they had to add them to help get more myths done. as you look at it now. you do not need all 5 of them anymore. since there not many myths or things that they can do now. that not related to another myth they done all ready. also fact the show almost run it course too. since what more can you do. if there hardly any more myth that have note been done or related to one you all ready done.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
I know what you were trying to say, but it came off differently, lol.
I'm saying Tory and Grant were sexy mountains of men that made other men, all other men (especially those from MCB), watch the show.

What did you take that to mean?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
For Your Health

Palmers Fan
Quote:
I lol'd literally.

and totally agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
I'm saying Tory and Grant were sexy mountains of men that made other men, all other men (especially those from MCB), watch the show.

What did you take that to mean?
Well played, sir, well played. I lol'd.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat