mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Unhappy Update on crappy summer (rant once again)

Well as many recall I posted a few weeks back my summer has sucked something fierce. Well as luck would have it when it rains it pours. I find out some guy has been over at her place practically every night. We're trying to be friends and I ask her what is up with it. She tells me he is just a friend and he comes over and makes dinner for her. He lives in the barracks on the army base and can't cook there, so he does it over there and she gets the benifit of eating. OK I'll attempt to believe that.

So here the other day I sign up for a math calss on campuss. Well as luck would have it she took the same class that uses the same book. I think sweet, I call her she says I can buy the book off of her for like a inth of the cost of the used one. I go by one day after work to get the book. (Ya'll can see this one come'n can't ya) Well I follow her up to her apartment and low and behold this dudes BDUs are hang over the chair along with a bunch of other stuff of his. I ask her wtf and some other questions like didn't take you long to hop into bed with someone else. Well she gets pissed but says she knew this was going to come up sooner or later. She tells me that he needed a place to stay cause he is getting out of the army. She is going back to school and cutting her hours back at work. So they are splitting the rent on a one bed room apartment. She is sleeping on the couch and he is taking the bed. She said that a lager apt is opening one of the other buildings and that they are going to share that. They both get cheaper rent and she can afford to live and go to school. (OK if that ain't a bunch of crap) Ya'll can imagine the list of loving words for her that were going through my head

While I was there I forgot to get a set on medals we thought got lost when we were out at the lake last summer.

Well I'm a nice guy and say OK atleast your being honest with me. Her response is you know I'm not that kind of person.

If seeing that and getting told a flat out lie (I think) doesn't make one feel like absolute crap I don't know what does. She said that she wants to still meet for dinner this weekend so we can work on the friendship thing. I think I am going to tell her I just want to meet so I can get back my medals. It is time for some serious distance for a bit so I can get my stuff together in my head. Found someone to talk with to help me sort stuff out in my head. Maybe in a time yet to be determined we can become friends.

I still do care about her and I want to see her get back to her daughter, but it seems by her choices that may not happen. I've been kinda hanging in there by telling myself that it is her life and her choice to do as she wishes, but the choices she made (by having this guy move in) makes her look like a real tramp. I told her that and she said she respected my opinion and knows it my look bad to other people but she doesn't care what the others think. I know we are no longer together and I know I should not care because her actions are not effecting me.

I'm trying to care I guess as a friend but a lot of the feelings I had for her are still strong and it really hurts because she needs to be with her daughter. It is not my life that is getting effected but hers and her daughters.

The one thing that has made me feel good about all this is the fact I have my son and my parents with me. The other thing is that she decided to do this after we split up and not during our relationship. Thank god I ain't going down with that ship..........

I sometimes find myself saying that nice guys finsish last. I know that is not true because I've been given the my son and that is not a last place prize. Good things do come to those wait. One day I hope and pray.

I leave with this thought: Everyday has been an uphill battle I've taken one day at a time. Though I my find myself slip back or faulter. I have good friends and great family to help me regain my footing. To help me push ahead. Maybe when the time is right I will meet a woman who wishes to have a family too.

I also say thank you to the MCB family for support and prayers.
JTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Something similiar happened to my buddy. It's not that nice guys finish last... It's that you won the lottery, you got that 1 in a million ticket... but instead of winning money you got the pile of dog crap. (no offense to her, just an analogy)

There are better and more normal people out there. It's not you.... and you just need to remind yourself of that and get away a keep contact to the least amount possible if at all.

----

My poor buddy, got married to this hot chick. I mean, she was smoking... As far out of his league as you could possibly be. We all thought he was lucky. So did he.

She came with some baggage, had a little girl from a prior marriage, and the old husband was a jerk to boot. Ok... Stuff my friend could live with, and he really liked the little girl too.

So they got married.

3 months into it, she wants out of the marriage, and moves in with another guy. Just like that. No explaination.... No nothing.

How's that one for screwing up your brain?

I end up finding out later that her first marriage didn't work out, because she cheated on her first husband.... Now you would THINK she would have her childs best interest in mind. But no... Very selfish of her.

Anyhow, it has taken him a while to get over it. He has, but time is the only solution.... Time and distance. No matter how much you really care, it will never work out again, so keep your distance. My only advice.

Take care.

Carter
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yep. Time to walk away, dude. You don't need that kind of crap. Maybe she is just friends with the guy, maybe not. Either way, you don't need to concern yourself with it. Just get your sh*t back from her and don't look back.

That's my advice.

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I worked a 16.5hr shift last night and it gave me a lot of time to reflect on the situation. She does have a lot of baggage that I don't think she has delt with. I hope for her sake she deals with it, and doesn't continue on this self destruvtive path. I also know I have my own issues I've got to deal that is why I'm going to speak with someone. Got burned twice and I an't going to let it happen again.

I'm going to give it some space yet still be polite if I run into her. I really appriciate the support and advice from ya'll. It is nice to see that there are still people in this world that have some values and a kind shoulder to lean on.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

It's good that you can handle being polite if you run into her. Absolutly take the distance approach.

Not all relationships work out. If they did, we'd all be with the first person we ever dated. Meaning I'd be with a pervie little wanna-be who is currently stationed in Iraq.

It's nice that you care about her, afterall it's part of being a good person. Just keep that distance so YOU don't feel more of the pain. Let yourself heal, and focus on other aspects of your life.
=)

Don't let what she is doing get to you. Remember- it's time to move on.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Listessa-some things are easier said than done.

I've found that I sometimes care too much.

I've been thinking about a lot of the really good things I've got in my life. My son who is going into the third grade. He is going to be playing indoor soccer again, cub scouts, and homework. I've decided to go back to school since work covers it. Focus on my competitve shooting and reloading. Hopefully a bit more paintball if it stops flip'n raining. I've got my folks, whom we are living with, that have been great to lean on. I've good friends who haven't murdered me yet.

All of you all are why I like MCB. You can't get this kinda support on to many other forums.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Best advice I can give you bro.... just keep plugging along and doing your thing. The more you get caught up in just thinking about it (staring at the wall going nuts thinking about things.etc.etc) the worse it will get. Doing your own thing will make time pass quicker and the less it will hurt. But it will take time.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Called her just now after I got off work. Told her I want to meet with her so I can get back my medals. She said OK she will call me after work tommarow and we can meet some where. I told her what I thought of the situation and that it is her life and I wish her the best. I am going to focus, stay strong, and fight the good fight. We'll see how it goes.........
Old 08-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Good luck to you when you go to get your medals back.

Just keep going one day at a time. =) We all know you can do it. Either way, I'm sending you some good thoughts!

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Listessa-thanks for the support.....I'm going to need it. I'll let ya'll know how things go. I'm also going to speak with a counsler tommarow afternoon.

Some people reading this are probably wondering what is the big deal about a set of medals. Well I come from a very Catholic family. The two medals I am refering to this whole time are a St. Joseph (the carpenter) and St. Anthony (the finder of lost things) these are my name sakes. Hence my name Joseph Anthony......When out tubeing at the lake last summer I took them off and she put them in her pocket. Well after I was done I went to retrieve them and we could not find them. Here about 3wks ago she found them in her rain coat she was wearing that day. I've had these medals for about 17yrs. They mean a great deal to me and I'm very happy they turned up.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat