mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
and then pack us up when you no longer need us to do the dirty work of the regime of the day?
um, well that is EXACTLY what happened with the last downsizing of the US Military in Gulf War One.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Chocolate and Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I don't think you really get it. This is a mayor who has screwed a fellow servicemen while telling the public that he 'take care of veterens everyday'. Typical politician.

Take a vist to the V.A. and attempt to get taken care of after being injured and you would do more than threaten to take care of one of your own.

Marines are trained to take care of thier own and they do. I guarantee these threats were more along the lines of "Pay our brother back, because you do not want to make Marines angry."

Shame on you for comparing us to Gang members.

TF

I wouldnt ever compare a Marine to a gang member , I would however compare ANYONE to gang members that acts like that. Like I said , let law enforcement take care of the situation , or a good lawyer , the guy who stole the money is obviously a scumbag but that doesnt mean anyone has to resort to murdering the bastard. Its one thing to threaten to hurt someone , its another when you start talking about murder. Just dispicable either way in my book. You wanna mess someone up for stealing from a brother , go for it , but its a little over the top when someone threatens his life. Would it make you any better of a human , compared to the thieving scumbag who stole the money , if you resorted to murder ?

And for refference sake , I dont want to throw away any Marine , or any member of any branch of the arm forces.

My WTB thread -

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...rchanging.html
GratefulWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Does it say he was threatened with his life? I only caught it saying his personal safety.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Does it say he was threatened with his life?
Well perhaps if you read the original source and not just depend on someone's posting of a PARTIAL recounting of events...
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/7new...88/detail.html

The mayor of Fort Lupton, who operates two funeral homes, has been afforded police protection after receiving death threats following a 7NEWS investigation that revealed he has refused to repay money illegally kept from the family of a U.S. Marine who died.

But that's ok since it might of been a US Marine that made these threats right?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

No, I didnt read the whole article, lots of links out of Mcarter are blocked at work, so I dont even try them anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31c
But that's ok since it might of been a US Marine that made these threats right?
Enough mike, youre just instigating.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16

Last edited by Frontier_Bill; 08-24-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Enough mike, youre just instigating.
Excuse me but you were one of a few trying to JUSTIFY these threats in the first place. Or did I miss something when you stated "The threats are rightful"?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31c View Post
Excuse me but you were one of a few trying to JUSTIFY these threats in the first place. Or did I miss something when you stated "The threats are rightful"?
I personally have little problem with the threats. The situation is this:

Your father has died. The mayor has stolen money from your dead father and refuses to give it back to your newly widowed mother. The person in question is the mayor. Calling the police has not worked and he is still talking about how he takes care of veterans. Furthermore, as a veteran or a military man - the family in question probably didn't have a lot of money and needed the money in question.

I think a little 'motiviation' was in order.

Personally I see this in the same way I see the Paparazzi. They stick camera's in everyone's faces. They attempt to get pictures of your family or of you doing something unsavory and then when you push thier camera's away they file charges of assault. Sometimes a person simply needs an *** kicking.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

I agree with TF (amazing as that may seem, this keeps happening al too often, next thing I know people will start thinking I am a lib ) .

This would not be murder, this would be justifiable Homicide. When the cops and government don't, or won't do thier job, who will?

People seem to keep forgetting that this nation was founded by a bunch of vigilantes, who didn't sit around waiting for someone else to fix things, they stood up for what they knew was right, and gave no quarter. We all know what the right thing to do is, and it is every citizens responsibility to straightne out thos misguided among us and not keep giving them excuses and places to hide from what's comming to them.

This guy has probably not only done this to one marine. I wonder how many people he has robbed in this way, and gotten away with it free and clear because no one wants to be called a vigilante, and no one wants to "stoop to his level" so, nothing got done, the authoritees turned the other way, and this guy has gotten away with it.

It must really blow his mind that he can't just take money that isn't his, this must be a real harrowing experience for him. Then again I think sometimes politicians get a little too used to spending other people's money, and then get to the point where they don't seem to know the difference.

This is where we the people need to stand up and say this isn't yours, stop acting like it is.

Last edited by Christian Nelson; 08-24-2006 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Spelling issues...
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:46 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

The thing you guys trying to say he shouldn't be threatened keep forgetting is that this isn't hte extent of his crimes, this is the thing he got CAUGHT with. And as for whether it is worth his life? You know what? Our prisons are full of people who are absolutely worthless to society, who are a drain, and if they were let out they'd be even more of a drain.

Maybe if we just got rid of them, permanently, instead of saying thier damage to society isn't worth thier lives (maybe we shoudl start asking just exactly what thier life is worth, what have they contributed, have they even been neutral, leaving no effect behind? If you stack up thier contrbutions, and thier damage and see what we have left, you'd have a good number of people in the prison that we all -probably including they themselves- would be better off if they weren't around, so why are they around?) why don't we start making thir life really, really bad til they are willing to start contributing to the plus side of society, rather than being a parasite.

I am a live and let live type of person, if you don't contribute to society, at least don't take away from it. If you take more than you give, you are a tape worm, nothing else. Tape worms are destroyed, you don't hear anyone worried about the exstinction of tape worms, do you? Doctors threaten and follow through with killing tape worms all the time, is anyone worried about the affect of the quality of life of the poor tape worm? Career criminals, and shady politicians, people who aren't just making one mistake need to realize exactly what they are, and not be given so many chances.

If the law won't do it, we should. We owe it to our children to bring them up in a place with a future, not where any little bit of money you save gets taken by a crook.

Last edited by Christian Nelson; 08-24-2006 at 08:49 AM. Reason: I really can't spell
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
Chocolate and Cheese

With such blatent disregard for American life , scum Americans or not , im glad to know neither of you are my neighbor.

After reading this thread I think its time for me to head over to the local outfitters and load up on .44 rounds.

Good luck explaining your thoughts on human life to whomever your maker is when your judgement day arrives.

My WTB thread -

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...rchanging.html
GratefulWood is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat