mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Please rate my video (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/2882-please-rate-my-video.html)

DSA 08-22-2006 02:20 PM

Please rate my video

ARMY TIMES,

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/media/video/armytimes.jpg

At MCB TV

I really want to make it funny but i am having a hard time finding goofy terrorist videos on the net if you locate one PM me so I can make this better.

In the mean time tell me if I am on to something or should i give it up.

VOTE with thumbs.

Brewtt 08-22-2006 03:03 PM

Thumbs?

How about clapping?

:clapping:

That was funny. Not bad. Keep on working on it. :)

Deadfall 08-22-2006 03:43 PM

Having the same part of the Aerosmith song repeat every time is a little annoying. Maybe you could change it up a bit?

DSA 08-22-2006 08:10 PM

Ok I give myself a BIG Thumbs down after viewing the Benny Hill Paintball that was hilarious.

Gabe 08-22-2006 08:43 PM

The switching back and forth between scenes was kind of annoying. Also, the lack of action is kind of a letdown. Overall a decent movie, but needs some work.

jincay 08-22-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSA (Post 22868)
Ok I give myself a BIG Thumbs down after viewing the Benny Hill Paintball that was hilarious.

Thanks, I have been practicing for a few months now and 95% of that was footage that I had already worked on, from several videos so it was easy to cut out/add in different parts and then extend the music track.

The quality is way to low to see but there are thousands of paintballs flying in front of the tank when all those players run away from it at skirmish ION, the one kid who first runs in front the of the tank takes one straight in the head as the gunner is shooting at people behind him. There were four gunners in the tank with the camera and after being told by the judge we would be live upon insertion we all started pushing each other to get the best firing port (I was lucky and in the turret). We instantly started calling dibs on who we were planning to shoot first, well arguing is more like it....once we went live it took about 10 seconds for most players to realise. In 10 seconds you can shoot many many people (it being skirmish ION 99% of playes ignore the first hit anyway).

All in all I have about 40 hours of footage on my hard drives but not very much is entertaining unless you were there or are in it,or know someone in it.

Get some good software and keep working on it, once you learn the shortcuts and capabilities you will make good movies.

Pumpster 08-22-2006 10:04 PM

Learn how to use fades, the music cuts off way too fast. You have to fade your video/music in and out, some times it can be quick, but most times there should be a nice gentle fade in/out of your sound or video. A normal fade from scene to scene will usually do it, not that a wipe is bad....;)
Look at the Pump Pandemonium II trailer for ideas, it’s a well laid out trailer with video footage well matched to a specific song. (A good song for trailers too.)

Does anybody know where I can purchase a copy of the Pump Pandemonium II DVD? (If they are still available:o )

Frontier_Bill 08-23-2006 07:16 PM

I liked the video, however, the same 30 seconds of that song was kind of annoying.

K_Obeastly 08-27-2006 12:01 AM

change music

our troops
Ice T w/ six feet under: one bullet left

bolt thrower: just about any of their songs

amon amarth: any

obituary: redefine, world demise, blind sided

didn't AC/DC have one called ball breaker?

music for their troops
the one you have is good

loony toons theme

three stooges theme music

CNN music (crescent news network)

I will have to track them down but I do have a couple of videos that you might like to throw in there.