mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Don't forget about the kid that just got back from the shore with his family and a sunburn from hell, and didn't put the pack on untill ten minutes after the ride home left from a 2 hr drive to your destination.
Mr Mike, I forgot....
Let me hike 8 miles out drive 200 miles home, dig out the tent poles you forgot drive 200 miles back hike 8 miles back in just for you...hmmmm
go find a stick.
The horror stories are endless....
I loved it as a scout, I would do it all again. As adult, I loved being an assistant Scoutmaster, I may sign up again someday.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
mrwisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

My son Zack and I attended Camp Wehenapae this summer it was awosome Scouts are killer little dudes. One week is a long time to spend in the woods with a bunch of kids but it made my summer.

We both got Swiss Army knives to commemorate the occassion.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

I never had the urge to be a Scout. All the kids in elementary and middle school said how fun it was. When I was about 14 or 15 I was a Sheriff Explorer and that suited me.

Now I'm a firefighter and I love playing with all the toys we have on the trucks. You want your kid to appreciate dedication and service to the community with little thanks get him involved in a Fire Explorer program.

Stock Class - We're the Amish of paintball
VSC Phantom - Green/Black Acid
McGuinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Yiffy Support Gunner

Send a message via AIM to slvrwulf

CHEETOS.

not the big ones, but the little twisted ones

They are comparable to a FLARE when dropped in a fire, lights up the woods great.

that had nothing to do with scouts, this was discovered about three years ago.
slvrwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Sun Chips also burn suprisingly well with a large amount of black smoke.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
ahh but Mcguiness you were a scout, you just didn't know. The Explorer program is a branch of the Boy Scouts of America. It is geared for older H.S. age kids, who may be becoming disinterested in the outdoor aspect of scouting, but are interested in commuinty service. The program is also designed to attract kids who never were introduced to scouting, or thought that scouting may not interest them. Sneaky adults making doing good things for other people fun and rewarding. God bless Sir Baden Powell.
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Spyder3188

Im gonna be kicking myself in the *** for a long time over this. 1 1/2 merit badges and a project away from eagle and I was not able to do it. I would not trade my experiences in scouting for anything in the world. Going to a national jamboree is easily the coolest thing I have ever done in my life.
Spyder3188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I went to the world jamboree at Fort A.P.Hill, I can't remember the year, but I think it was 1989
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah Shadawg I knew it was a division of BSA but I was never a Boy Scout per say. I was a "Junior" or "Explorer" firefighter for five months at my hall but it was just something that the dept ran seperate of BSA.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat