mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
My understanding is that unless you can produce receipts, USPS insurance won't cover anything anyway.
You don't keep your receipts when you ship items? I have a stack on my workbench from any paintball deal I make just in case. Thankfully I have never had a major issue with anyone trying to scam me or file a claim though.

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
You don't keep your receipts when you ship items? I have a stack on my workbench from any paintball deal I make just in case. Thankfully I have never had a major issue with anyone trying to scam me or file a claim though.
No, I mean like purchase receipts proving value.
punkncat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
My understanding is that unless you can produce receipts, USPS insurance won't cover anything anyway.
Even having the receipt is no guarantee. Especially If it crosses the northern border.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Off topic: I once had a Micromag lost in the mail filed an insurance claim. USPS requested a quote from a reputable paintball business on the item's value. I explained that the gun is older than any kid working the counter at a paintball store and that they'll have never seen one. I also explained that there's a chance that I would be the foremost authority on current Micromag values. I provided a few Ebay comps and an estimated value and they accepted it. USPS isn't out to screw you, they just need to go through the standard procedure to make sure they're not getting screwed either.
maggot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Deplorable...

only once did a shipped gun go "missing".

i provided all the insurance info to the buyer since i was told by the USPS he would have to file the claim from his end.
since it "disappeared" from his apartment mailbox.

i'm assuming it's a felony to defraud the USPS because on the very last day the buyer would've able to file a claim, the gun was "found"...

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barack Hussein Obama = Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated Upon the American People

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
FNG

To the OP....what's going on with this?
Soolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Forgot to update everyone. I talked to the post office. They will reimburse me the $50 that came with the priority mail shipping.
Talked to the buyer. He is being really cool about it, but I hate it for him. He had 3 packages stolen that day, one of which contained a nice Freeflow cocker.
I asked the buyer how he wanted to work this out, he basically said, "it's my loss". I will reimburse him the $50 from usps when they reimburse me. He is pretty confident that the guns will show up soon. He is in New York City. He said that the scene there is pretty tight knit and it would be hard for a stolen gun to go unnoticed. Sounds like he is getting the word out locally.

So long story short, this wasn't as crazy as it could have been. Having a cool buyer definitely helps.

WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers
brando247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando247 View Post
Wow. As a seller, what's the best way to handle stuff like this? Full refund to the buyer? Partial refund? Work out an agreement between both parties?
The package was confirmed that it was delivered? It's harsh, but it's no longer the seller problem at that point. Anything the seller does to make things better is because they're going above and beyond what is necessary.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
The package was confirmed that it was delivered? It's harsh, but it's no longer the seller problem at that point. Anything the seller does to make things better is because they're going above and beyond what is necessary.
Depends. The buyer could quite understandably take the position they paid to have it delivered to them, and if the seller chose not to pay extra for the assurance of signature confirmation then the seller chose to bear the risk of this particular type of loss. Which only matters if the buyer can convince their bank to charge back the payment (assuming they used plastic), but that's not overly difficult (especially if you're paying the bank a hefty CC fee every year).
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando247 View Post
So I sold a gun to a guy and shipped it USPS. It was delivered to his house, and then stolen off his porch before he was able to come home and pick them up. What do I do now? Is it my responsibility or his? I want to take care of my buyers as best as I can. I have never had this happen before.
I did not purchase additional insurance on the package... $200 gun with $50 insurance.
USPS insurance is a joke. Some kind of signature delivery is the key. I have been through this with the post office several times and in the end i had to reimburse the buyer because the package was lost en route. Another time the package was damaged. If it was successfully delivered you might be off the hook aside from the bad word of mouth.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat