mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Stolen Package. What Do I Do?

So I sold a gun to a guy and shipped it USPS. It was delivered to his house, and then stolen off his porch before he was able to come home and pick them up. What do I do now? Is it my responsibility or his? I want to take care of my buyers as best as I can. I have never had this happen before.
I did not purchase additional insurance on the package... $200 gun with $50 insurance.

WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers
brando247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
"Not you brother"

Not much you can do on that package other than call the local police. In the future proper insurance and signature required would be the best way to avoid it. Even if you had $200 insurance on this package USPS will take the position it was delivered and not pay a claim.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando247 View Post
So I sold a gun to a guy and shipped it USPS. It was delivered to his house, and then stolen off his porch before he was able to come home and pick them up. What do I do now? Is it my responsibility or his? I want to take care of my buyers as best as I can. I have never had this happen before.
I did not purchase additional insurance on the package... $200 gun with $50 insurance.

Where did it ship to?
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Wow. As a seller, what's the best way to handle stuff like this? Full refund to the buyer? Partial refund? Work out an agreement between both parties?

WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers
brando247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Was insurance or signature service offered to the seller and was it turned down? Was the seller expecting it to be shipped insured?

There was someone a while back that was claiming packages were getting stolen off their front porch. Similar parts to the guns that were claimed stolen started showing up on eBay under an account tied to him. I don't know if anything was proven, but definitely an awkward situation.

The signature part, especially over 18 is important because the marker could end up with a kid that goes around town shooting people and giving our sport a bad name.

At this point its up to you to work something out with the buyer.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Life is good once more..

Paypal says your not at fault as long as you printed the label with paypal.

What you do s up to you..

I cant be held responsible for items stolen off a porch, it up to the buyer to have a safe and secure delivery site...

I cant tell you how many packages are shipped to a customers work place, but its about 50%.

Ebay, camocow200 (1370) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (570) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (350) + 100% positive feedback

Walz (aka) The Wally Modda.

Last edited by woouulf; 08-05-2017 at 06:18 PM.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
I cant tell you how many packages are shipped to a customers work place, but its about 50%.
This is what I do anymore unless it's not something I need right away. I'm only at my "permanent residence" 1 to 2 days a week and at my secondary residence the rest of the time. I don't trust the people in the area so if it's something I need before I'm home, I have it shipped to work.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

In my experience with unknown buyers,esp on ebay..it has been a scam.

I've had several cases where buyers claim the package didn't arrive,then when I post tracking info they say they've found it..

BB
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
If the package had gone missing in transit I'd say that you'd want to file the insurance claim and eat the cost just for goodwill if possible. With that said if it was delivered and just left on a porch and get's stolen that's not really your problem to deal with. This is why on larger items I'll request that the seller put sig required so if I'm not home it'll go to the PO to avoid this

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassballs View Post
In my experience with unknown buyers,esp on ebay..it has been a scam.

I've had several cases where buyers claim the package didn't arrive,then when I post tracking info they say they've found it..

BB
yeah, this right here. Was it stolen, or was it "stolen". I've had this happen. Ask them if they filed a police report.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat