mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:09 PM   #921 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

For grins, I'm smoking a straight latakia for the first time, just to know. It's a unique profile. Sharper than many cigars I've smoked, but to me, still somehow more enjoyable. I'm kinda waning out of my interest in cigars. I just always enjoy my pipes more.

Magoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:16 AM   #922 (permalink)

I haven't had tobacco in at least a year but when I do smoke it's Natural American Spirit roll-your-own cigarettes in hemp paper and cotton filter

Only $30 for a tin that'll last me 3-6 months!

</thread hijack>

I would like to try some natural cigar or pipe though, I'd have to sample it
I. Win. Every. Game. Like, every single game. In paintball, there's winners and there's renters. I'm a winner. I need to teach these scared youngsters who's boss, and they know at the end of the day. I want them to tell mommy (who just dropped $200 for the kids to play) that some older kid absolutely rek'ed the field every single game. I digress, winning is not just on the field, it's off the field. I have 16 goggle straps and use a barrel swab as a barrel blocking device.
#seriously
I am Phantom ID 37282
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:37 AM   #923 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Magoo, I'm the same way. I prefer pipe tobacco to cigars, but every once in awhile I like cigars. About a year and a half ago I started doing nasal snuff, I've been doing that more than pipe tobacco and cigars. It's too cold to go outside at night for now to smoke a bowl of tobacco or a cigar.

Pittsburgh- I find pipe tobacco to be much better tasting than cigarette tobacco, also more relaxing.

You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards.-Six String Samurai.
Psicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #924 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

I just got myself a Savinelli Clark's Favorite longstem.

Seen here.

It's not quite "churchwarden" length, I don't think, but it should be long enough for a good cool smoke while being a manageable length. I'm excited to sit out with it! This is my first filtered pipe as well, but I'm probably gonna just throw them away. I don't need anything that restricts a good draw...

Old 03-25-2017, 06:00 AM   #925 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That's a nice looking pipe. I too despise filters for pipe. I try not to buy filter pipes. When you take the filter out the draft hole is usually larger than it should be. A long time ago I saw some reducers that made the draft hole to what it would be like if the pipe was made without the filter. Not sure if they make those for your pipe.

Does anyone else use nasal snuff perchance?

You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards.-Six String Samurai.
Psicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:28 AM   #926 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

The Savinelli filter pipes apparently come with a reducer insert, so that's okay. At least mine did. I used to just avoid them, but Savinelli has some nice shapes I kinda want, so if the insert works like it should, I may be getting some more. What I really want is a Brebbia oom paul, and most Brebbias are filter pipes too.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:30 PM   #927 (permalink)
Born again

Send a message via AIM to mustangii

I use snuff from time to time. Allergies tend to limit the number of times I use it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ASE certifed master tech
Master Certified Chrysler Tech
mustangii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #928 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

So yeah. Good smoking pipe. The stem is JUST short enough to be cleaned with a standard pipe cleaner. Which is nice. Bowl is about 30-40 minutes, so a good evening pipe, and the length of the stem keeps the smoke out of your nose and cool. It is still a BIT unwieldy, and it's definitely not a jaw hanger, so a decent stand is a must. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a long stem.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat