mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

i think Mexico has every right to ask that their laws be enforced... but i do think they are picking the wrong fight on this.
i also think that the US has the wrong idea on dealing with illegals breaking the law over here, we just send them back and they are free to return and records arn't kept up to make sure they face charges if they come back to our country. if you break the law in Mexico they will lock you in a cell and the State Department won't do a thing to help you.
i think if that's the game they want to play there are plenty of prison work farms in America that could use some hard workers.
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
Meh... he didn't show up for a MEXICAN court. They don't respect our laws... I can't imagine him wanting to respect theirs.

I agree, Mexico never respects our requests to expedite criminals hiding there back to the U.S., yet we turn over our citizens to them without blinking.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I can’t say I am sorry to hear this… him and his circus of a crew.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Yiffy Support Gunner

Send a message via AIM to slvrwulf

Ummmm, besides the Mexico deal, with him being a convicted felon, in MOSt ( not all states ,but I'm pretty sure CA ( where he sometimes works) is one of them), there are laws specifying a person having been convicted of a felony or class B misdemeanor may NOT possess ( spelling?) firearms and deadly weapons. the Mace that he is always carrying falls into the category of weapons he CANT have. Not sure how it works in CA, someone there would have to comment.
slvrwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrwulf View Post
Ummmm, besides the Mexico deal, with him being a convicted felon, in MOSt ( not all states ,but I'm pretty sure CA ( where he sometimes works) is one of them), there are laws specifying a person having been convicted of a felony or class B misdemeanor may NOT possess ( spelling?) firearms and deadly weapons. the Mace that he is always carrying falls into the category of weapons he CANT have. Not sure how it works in CA, someone there would have to comment.
Yeah, but maybe he can get a job with the WWF or something. Or maybe working a booth at a traveling carnival.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sorry slvr,Mace<oc,cs> does not fall under lethal weapons.They fall under less than lethal wapons as does tasers, pr-24's,a.s.p batons,"bag" rounds and rubber bullets,pepper balls and "sticky foam". I've saw what these "rubber" bullets can do.Might as well shoot them with the reall thing.So he can carry it,hence him being a felon "as 99% of his crew was/is".Cali laws is so screwed up. Anything can be deemed a weapon.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley View Post
I can’t say I am sorry to hear this… him and his circus of a crew.
Yeah... better he and his crew off the streets than the rapist Andrew Lester.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
I know in MA, felons cannot possess mace. btw, I do believe Dog is out of HI. I do love how he puts on the high and mighty anti-gun act when he cannot have one.

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
Its a sport of honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballmarshaltn View Post
Sorry slvr,Mace<oc,cs> does not fall under lethal weapons.They fall under less than lethal wapons as does tasers, pr-24's,a.s.p batons,"bag" rounds and rubber bullets,pepper balls and "sticky foam". I've saw what these "rubber" bullets can do.Might as well shoot them with the reall thing.So he can carry it,hence him being a felon "as 99% of his crew was/is".Cali laws is so screwed up. Anything can be deemed a weapon.
There are many laws regarding
"Mace" is CN gas in a aerosol spray. OC (pepper spray) is fully lawful in Ca without a permit to those over 18. (unless under supervised release, IE parole or probation)

Any Beanbags, "rubber bullets" and the like over 12 gauge are prohibited and are a felony for anyone to have. Any ex-con may not have a firearm or projectile weapon, Batons and such may be posessed by security guards on duty but not by citizens.

"Dog" is not under supervised release (yet) so in California he may have Pepper Spray.

I have mixed ideas on skip tracers, anything that gets badguys back into custody is fine. However in California any tom, dick, or harry can call himself a bounty hunter and go after bail jumpers. No training, no classes, and guess what...in California he may be armed WITHOUT haveing a armed security guard license. Its a disaster waiting to happen.

BTW, Dog is more show than go. But he does make an honest living putting badguys away.

From a cali cop.

Deputy Sheriff/Death Investigator.
My day begins when yours ends.
Fridaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
Yeah... better he and his crew off the streets than the rapist Andrew Lester.
Come on now, that is an unfair statement. And it is not a true reflection of how I feel. It is a cheap shot to say the least.

It does not have to be one way or the other. There are laws. And those laws apply to EVERYONE. Dog broke Mexican law. Now he pays.

As stated by Fridaddy, Dog is more show than go. I would not however go as far as to pat him on the back for doing a good job at making a living putting bad guys away. I think he is a total joke and there are other serious bounty hunters out there outdoing him each and every day, and not wanting to get their faces in front of a camera as “the real world” of bounty hunting.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat