mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrwulf View Post
Ummmm, besides the Mexico deal, with him being a convicted felon, in MOSt ( not all states ,but I'm pretty sure CA ( where he sometimes works) is one of them), there are laws specifying a person having been convicted of a felony or class B misdemeanor may NOT possess ( spelling?) firearms and deadly weapons. the Mace that he is always carrying falls into the category of weapons he CANT have. Not sure how it works in CA, someone there would have to comment.
Federal law states anybody convicted of a felony is not allowed to possess firearms. That's why they ask you if your a convicted felon on a 4473.

If you've ever heard of "Project Exile", it was the feds going into Richmond Va, and arresting convicts caught with guns. Mandatory sentence is 10 years.

HTRN
HTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #22 (permalink)

Whats the odds, you think, of Luster having had paid someone off south of the border to ignore his presence and watch his back. Bounty hunters are bad for the local authourities sideline business maybe? Mexico is in bad shape and getting worse fast.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
So its illegal to bounty hunt a convicted rapist in Mexico.... Personaly I think that is one of the STUPIDEST laws ever written. That even beats out that little known and never enforced old Road Island law about a woman calling her future husband "Master"

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley View Post
Come on now, that is an unfair statement. And it is not a true reflection of how I feel. It is a cheap shot to say the least.
Yes.... cheap shot... *tee hee*

I halfway agree with your arguements. I just LIKE bounty hunters... the Dog, Boba Fett, IG-88, Bossk. They rule.

I think it's always awesome when they come back with a bail jumper the cops can't catch. Not only that... but it's amusing too.

The Dog and his crew MAY be a circus.... but I rather them do what they do now than what he USED to do... i.e. commiting felonies.

When Mexico gets their head out of their butts and starts extraditing criminals back to us that escape into Mexico... THEN I think they should enforce their no kiddnapping laws on our bounty hunters. Until then, they should shut their holes and try to catch some baddies instead of harboring them for once.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
Yes.... cheap shot... *tee hee*

I halfway agree with your arguements. I just LIKE bounty hunters... the Dog, Boba Fett, IG-88, Bossk. They rule.

I think it's always awesome when they come back with a bail jumper the cops can't catch. Not only that... but it's amusing too.

The Dog and his crew MAY be a circus.... but I rather them do what they do now than what he USED to do... i.e. commiting felonies.

When Mexico gets their head out of their butts and starts extraditing criminals back to us that escape into Mexico... THEN I think they should enforce their no kiddnapping laws on our bounty hunters. Until then, they should shut their holes and try to catch some baddies instead of harboring them for once.
You know what? I like bounty hunters as well… as a rule. I simply do not like “Dog” and his crew of criminals and misfits. There are plenty of good bounty hunters out there.

As for them catching criminals the cops “can’t” catch….. Most of the time it is because they simply lack the resources and time. Police have many things to do, while bounty hunters have ONE thing to do. They don’t enforce traffic codes. They don’t enforce laws. They don’t respond to emergencies. They don’t respond to domestic disturbances. They don’t investigate crimes. And the list goes on. They (bounty hunters) ONLY hunt those who have jumped bail.

This however is another reason why I like bounty hunters for the most part. They fill a roll that needs filling. But on the same note they need to follow the laws of the places they are conducting their “job” at. PERIOD. And simply put, while we may not agree with Mexico’s laws in this regard, we know them (as did Dog) and must follow them or become a criminal ourselves. You (generic) can’t stand on a moral or legal high ground while choosing to disobey other people’s laws, it is a contradiction, and hypocritical.

But on another note… Boba Fett is THE man!
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hmmm

To hell with Mexico and its laws...It like Canada is just renegade state that calls itself a country.

Legion
Visit my new group page at http://www.facebook.com/JonesGunWorks#!/JonesGunWorks
http://www.youtube.com/user/Legion99999?feature=mhee
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Pickle Send a message via Yahoo to Pickle

Everytime I watch Dog's show I cringe at the lack of safety and common sense they exercise. As a rule I think bounty hunters (good ones) are an essential part of our justice system.

Dog should have to pay for violating Mexico laws.....but.....I think it sucks more that we are so willing to allow his extradition when Mexico does not honor our requests for extradition. There was a CHP officer killed here a few years ago who's killer is known. Unfortunately, the Mexican government has refused requests to extradite him citing their dislike of our capital punishment. Apparently the loss of a cop to them is not that big of a deal. Looking at how corrupt theirs are it doesn't surprise me.

As far how the illegal immigrant debate enters into this equation. Well, The Mexican government and their president, Vincente Fox, actively enourage their people to cross the border and come to the states. They even print up "how to" pamphlets. That is actively encouraging their people to break our laws, is it not? And let's not forget about the border incursions by their military and local police that we have had in the recent years.

Boba Fett Rules!
Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
Boba Fett Rules!
True...

but...

Not one shout-out to IG-88 or Bossk?

Old 09-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stechele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
True...

but...

Not one shout-out to IG-88 or Bossk?

Bossk... who needs that Trandoshan slime.

As far as Dog is concerned: Yes I feel that laws need to be followed. On the other hand Mexico 'should' honor any request from the US to extradite prisoners. A country that relies so heavly on the income brought into their country by all the immigrants ( illegal and legal) that send the money home to be pumped through their economy, and yet they will not cooperate with US.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Wow, no wonder I want to raise my children in another country.
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat