mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
You guys are going to love this one...

I posted my pics of my finished Houndstooth on a local paintball board in Houston. This board is mostly frequented by the young "7337 H@x0r balla's" of Houston.

Anyway, I posted my pics up and got many replies - here is the one you guys will love:

"Hmmmmm I don't know why I never thought of this before. [But if I played pump] I could afford to play paintball! Sweet gun btw."

Oh my God - an epiphany! You can afford to actually play, instead of drumming the trigger of your PM6 in the neutral zone all day while talking as if you play but never actually playing.

I may have brought the truth to the youth!!!

I responded by telling him that if he sold his PM6 that he could afford a great pump and paint for about two years to shoot it every weekend.
TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

This is all very true. But people can always learn a little self control and use ANY marker to play. Having the ability to shoot fast does not mean you have to shoot fast the ENTIRE time you are on the field, or dump massive amounts of paint. That is like saying just because you have a fast car you HAVE to drive 100MPH every time you leave the driveway.

And the thing that really gets me is the total dumping of paint at the Chrono stand and target ranges. WOW you can sure shoot fast while standing in your optimal stance and shooting at objects that are not shooting back at you! What paintball Gods people are.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley View Post
And the thing that really gets me is the total dumping of paint at the Chrono stand and target ranges. WOW you can sure shoot fast while standing in your optimal stance and shooting at objects that are not shooting back at you! What paintball Gods people are.
This has been my pet peave for the last 15 yrs!!
"Save it for the other team!"
"Ok, the tree is out....shoot something else!"

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1021

Carter's Commando Texas Division:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-division.html
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Well said Shartley.

It always amazes me at the kids who hang around the staging area that do nothing more than dry fire their marker half the day and play for 15 mins.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
I am convinced Fin, that they do this because the image of being a 'st8 balla' is more important than the reality or the hard work it takes to become a good player.

Drumming the trigger takes little effort and can be done in front of the T.V. Actually getting in shape and playing hard is... well... work.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
Oh my God - an epiphany! You can afford to actually play, instead of drumming the trigger of your PM6 in the neutral zone all day while talking as if you play but never actually playing.

TF

Dude, what is up with that!? I see kids doing that all the time now! I went to an indoor place and played all day. I saw a group of kids that sat there and literally did not play a single game. They just sat there, all jerseyed-up, dry-firing their whiz-bang electro's and talking trash. Why would anyone pay to get into a paintball field and then not play or at least work on guns? I don't get it. . .

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfall View Post
Dude, what is up with that!? I see kids doing that all the time now! I went to an indoor place and played all day. I saw a group of kids that sat there and literally did not play a single game. They just sat there, all jerseyed-up, dry-firing their whiz-bang electro's and talking trash. Why would anyone pay to get into a paintball field and then not play or at least work on guns? I don't get it. . .
You see, the thing is Deadfall, those kids are lacking what they would call in their lingo "game". They don't want to step out onto the field, especially when someone like you is there. It's almost fatal to those kids ego if they were to be gogged by a guy wielding a gun older than they are. Especially if it's one that you need to pump for every shot. That kind of thing blows their mind. I highly recommend trying it if you can get the chance.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

for a long time i couldnt figure out how the kids could afford the guns they owned.

I then realized that they didnt know the difference between "i can buy" and "i can afford to buy."

So the reality is that they bought guns they can't afford, and therefore never play cause they are so broke from buying the thing in the first place. It was the most amazing revelation i have had in years.

Hell, i just recently bought my first expensive gun (an 05 speed) and it nearly broke the bank. I'm still a little touch and go on money for it. But it was worth it (since i have other guns and maintain the ability to feed them.)
sniper1rfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Power View Post
You see, the thing is Deadfall, those kids are lacking what they would call in their lingo "game". They don't want to step out onto the field, especially when someone like you is there. It's almost fatal to those kids ego if they were to be gogged by a guy wielding a gun older than they are. Especially if it's one that you need to pump for every shot. That kind of thing blows their mind. I highly recommend trying it if you can get the chance.

Come to think of it, I was playing pistol for about half that day. The people that witnessed it were practically bowing at my feet. And I'm not even a good pistolero!

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper1rfa View Post
for a long time i couldnt figure out how the kids could afford the guns they owned.

I then realized that they didnt know the difference between "i can buy" and "i can afford to buy."

Remember, if common sense were common - we wouldn't bitch so much about people who don't have it.

It seems like something that should be obvious. But I remember when I learned that. Saved my life. I now don't spend beyond my means.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat