mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Fully Stocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
A KL is like a samuri sword and should reflect the soul of the owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
We came up with a plan... it involved a hijacked truck, two strippers, and lots of brass...
Latoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CamoDeafie Send a message via MSN to CamoDeafie

ask shar how many years exp hes had shearing sheep
CamoDeafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkyle View Post
Don't forget to declare your rebate check as income on your 2008 Tax returns!
Is it really an "accession to wealth" if it is $600 out of the tens of thousands I paid into limbo (interest producing limbo for the Feds) for taxes I would owe at the end of 2007?

Since I already earned the $600, it's still my money, on which I've already been taxed in 2007. I don't declare my 2007 tax refund as part of my 2008 income for the same reason: it's outside the IRC's definition of "income." Though maybe I'm wrong about this and should have been declaring that chunk of change all along? I did rather poorly in Fed Income Tax back in school. Do we have any CPAs or actual tax lawyers on here?

Edit: nevermind, IRS has this one covered, too.

"Q. Is my stimulus payment taxable?

A. No. You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return. But you should keep a copy of the IRS letter you receive later this year listing the amount of your payment."

Economic Stimulus Payment FAQs: Other Questions
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.

Last edited by John Satclaire; 04-29-2008 at 11:27 PM.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Satclaire View Post
Edit:

"Q. Is my stimulus payment taxable?

A. No. You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return. But you should keep a copy of the IRS letter you receive later this year listing the amount of your payment."

Economic Stimulus Payment FAQs: Other Questions
Sound like they're still thinking about this one...
thkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkyle View Post
Sound like they're still thinking about this one...
Perhaps, but they provide a different reason:

"Q. If my stimulus payment is not going to affect my 2008 tax refund or increase the tax I owe next year, why is it I need to retain the letter that lists how much I received?

A. In the event you do not qualify for the full amount on your 2007 return but you do on your 2008 return, you will need to have the letter as a record of the amount you previously received. [New 4/11/08]"
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
Ok guys, do your part....go out and spend spend spend spend!!!
I am... and I did. I've already paid off my Visa so no need to worry about that. I have a good bank saved up in case of emergency. So financially I'm secure.

And with that I have about 90% of my AR15 purchased

Spent some of it at a local shop to support their business, plus that's where I buy all my ammo. However they're not exactly the sharpest of the bunch. They push DPMS heavily. And I'm just not a fan of that equipment. So having them order a Stag Arms lower, even ordered a Magpul rps stock from them. But the uppers got a Model 1 16" elsewhere. Now looking at handguards and grips to complete it. No sights I'm staying with standard iron sights for the first few months. Gotta be good with iron sights at a minimum. Anybody can hit their target if there's a big black + on it. But in the emergency situation that the scope decides to break a lens you better have trained with irons.

If any is left over I'll probably buy a Romaniam AK. That'll be good for my SHTF situations.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
I've been thinking of it as the 'palmers stimulis package' more than anything.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat