mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Stimulous package FYI....

Came across this today and thought I'd share the news...

Tax rebates start showing up in bank accounts - Yahoo! News

Apparently the IRS has started depositing the checks.

Quote:
For people receiving direct deposits, those with a Social Security number ending in 00 to 20 will have their economic stimulus payment deposited to their bank account by this Friday.

Those with Social Security numbers ending in 21 to 75 will get their direct deposits by May 9 and those with Social Security numbers ending in 76 to 99 will get their deposits by May 16.

For those receiving paper checks, the last paper checks, covering people with Social Security final digits from 88 to 99 will be in the mail by July 11 under the current schedule. The IRS estimates that about two-thirds of the payments will be paper checks and one-third will be direct deposits.
craltal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

got mine deposited today at 9AM
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is the direct deposit/paper check based off how you filed your most recent taxes, or the taxes filed in 07?

aqua_scummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_scummm View Post
Is the direct deposit/paper check based off how you filed your most recent taxes, or the taxes filed in 07?
If you haven't yet filed for 2007, you're not getting one of these checks/deposits (at least not until after you've done so). The DD/paper issue is (or will be) based off the '07 return.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Helpful hint:
Best thing you can do with this extra cash is pay off your credit cards.

Else... buy paintball guns.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
The way the economy is right now I'm glad I don't have any credit cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CamoDeafie Send a message via MSN to CamoDeafie

OK so if i filed for 07, and i am supposed to get stimulus, but not in direct deposit, and im in the 00-20 group, when should i get the check?
CamoDeafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoDeafie View Post
OK so if i filed for 07, and i am supposed to get stimulus, but not in direct deposit, and im in the 00-20 group, when should i get the check?
Funny thing about the IRS: they post this sort of stuff. Economic Stimulus Payments on the Way; Some People Will See Direct Deposit Payments Today
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CamoDeafie Send a message via MSN to CamoDeafie

ok so they say it should be in mail by may 16th doesnt necessarily means i'll have it the same day, right?
CamoDeafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Maybe you should try the USPS's FAQ. Nobody's going to give you an exact date for when you'll have the slip of paper in your hands, if that's what you were asking.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat