mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to badkarma

I live close enough to get my stuff from jasper. They reman engines and trannys. I have picked up 2-3 trans from them., I rebuild my own engines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
68 specials are big manly tank guns, not little woman guns...thats what Shockers are for...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/faq.php
http://www.tacticalreplicas.com
Factory Team
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

I'm hoping Ben didn'tget his from Jasper.... that would suck as just about all the stuff they work on from what I hear is top notch..for remanufactured. But you never know.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
I'm on a boat!

Send a message via AIM to Greywolf Send a message via Yahoo to Greywolf

Usually I do rebuild my own, but, I'm converting from the AOD "light duty" transmission to a heavy-duty C6.

I didn't want to order a "built" transmission as I wanted one quickly...I had wanted this whole mess to be done with over the weekend. Today I ordered a rebuilt from a local vendor with a good reputation, but it means I won't have it right away, it will cost much more, and most importantly--I'm gonna be slinging wrenches until a couple days before Castle.

I don't trust the local junkyards; I'd hoped the premium I paid for the "tested and inspected" unit was going to get me a better transmission.

For what it's worth, I took the pictures to the Autozone where I ordered this unit (the ones who told me what a great job this particular vendor does of cleaning, inspecting, and testing), and they were aghast. If I don't get a refund through the vendor, I will get one through Autozone. So, that's pretty solid.

I was hoping to be on the road Wednesday/Thursday; at this point I'll be driving straight to Castle and doing all my road trip stuff after.

Ben
Old 09-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

^ Ive had one issue with Jasper, but they did make it right so I guess it was not so much of an issue, still it shouldnt have happened. As far as buying stuff from the autoparts store rebuilt or remanufactured, I wont do it anymore, unless Im in the middle of knowhere trying to get home. I've had far too many bad expiriances with stuff like this, buy new on automatic transmitions. I rebuild all my manual tranys and engines, however I have a very good local machinist do all the machinework. IN fact agaisnt my/my dads/my little brother's judgement, my brother purchased a rebuilt shortblock for his truck, bad idea. We all knew better. THe rebuilt shortblock's bore was shiny, and not crosshatched. Called the factory and they siad that was normal (which I know its not, but what the hey I'll try it, maybe theres a new technique out) So put the thing together, had the head machined and the thing drank oil, and kept on doing so. My dad thought that they might have put in cromolly rings by mistake, so he called and asked, there response was that they did not use cromolly rings. Well Took the engine apart, found the rings missaligned plus took the rings down to the machinist to get his take, yup there cromolly. Ball honed the bore put new rings in, broke the rings in and wala not more oil comsumption problem. I/we know better than to buy rebuilt crap, with the exception of NApas brake calipers, those seem to be good. Just goes to show you that once again If you want something done right, do it ALL yourself. It sucks man, I know what your going through.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
I'm on a boat!

Send a message via AIM to Greywolf Send a message via Yahoo to Greywolf

Well, I got my money back.

Autozone (at least this store) says that they will no longer work with this vendor.

However, I must say that the customer service department was excellent...if only their product was 1/10 as good.

So, if you do business with EverDrive (and I won't again), ask for Craig when you need to send your part back.

Ben

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat