mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
Kinkos + Vermont = um no

We do have a UPS store around here though I guess I'll look into that
I highly reccommend them. (obviously)
I love the people who work at the one I use. They know my purchases a little too well. One of the guys likes to joke with me, "What is it this time? Perfume or paintball?"

Honestly the boxes arn't even THAT expensive. I rent yearly, and figure it's worth the peace of mind knowing no one will mess with my stuff OR some careless delivery person can't leave something important out in the rain or hot sun or whatever.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
As far as a city in Vermont, yeah I think the defanition has something to do with tractors on main roads
The traditional definition of City(as far as Rand McNally is concerned), is an urban area with a population above 100K.

Considering Montpelier, the capital, is only 9000 or so, it kinda falls short.

Then again, I actually do live in NYC, where it's considered "going to the sticks" when one crosses over to New Jersey or Conneticut.

HTRN
HTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRN View Post
The traditional definition of City(as far as Rand McNally is concerned), is an urban area with a population above 100K.
So greenmtnphantom actually lives in the CITY of Vermont !!

Eh...in the city (NY, yes folks, NY is 'the city') all week....and now I remember why I dont work here anymore!

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Yiffy Support Gunner

Send a message via AIM to slvrwulf

You know it's not really a city since the people who live in Orange ride their snow mobiles up 302 into Montpellier along the Barre Montpellier Rd. ( I know a few people up that way, it's been done MANY times)

VT is great though, where else can you drive ALL over the state, in a four wheeler or snow machine?
slvrwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

when i was in Germany the mailman or UPS guy would ring everybody in the building until somebody buzzed him in a signed for the package, or else he couldn't leave it. not such a good idea if you don't know your neighbors but it worked out well...
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Montpilier is about the 5th largest "city" in the state Bulrington is the biggest city
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Yiffy Support Gunner

Send a message via AIM to slvrwulf

Burlington is fun...drive around to the far side of lake in the dead of winter, watch your girlfriend and her sister take off t odo some shopping....have her little Dodge Neon parked out on the middle of Champlain when she gets back.......

got a neat reaction from her, and an awefully interesting expression hit her face when I said its on the lake.
slvrwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pumpers use both hands.

Haven't lost a package that way yet. I switched to a box anyway because someone did take a box from the neighbors. Neighbors aren't know to have sword/axe fights in the yard at bar b ques or to chase away drug dealers at gun point though. ppl do steer clear of taking stuff from my yard. I don't know why. Maybe because I'm a medic they think I know all the cops.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrwulf View Post
Burlington is fun...drive around to the far side of lake in the dead of winter, watch your girlfriend and her sister take off t odo some shopping....have her little Dodge Neon parked out on the middle of Champlain when she gets back.......

got a neat reaction from her, and an awefully interesting expression hit her face when I said its on the lake.

That is great
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
So greenmtnphantom actually lives in the CITY of Vermont !!
ROFL!

I live in Los Angeles but my folks are from the "Sticks" in Hawaii. For example I think my Mom's graduating class had 30+ people, and her immediate town had maybe a couple hundred peeps. Going back to visit the kinfolks can be a clash of cultures at time.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat