mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
Eh...in the city (NY, yes folks, NY is 'the city') all week....and now I remember why I dont work here anymore!
I lived here all my life, but spent most of my summers in the sticks - could drive a IH super "H" by the time I was 12. I look forward to the day I get the hell out of here and never come back - perhaps by the end of this year if I get the job I want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
Montpilier is about the 5th largest "city" in the state Bulrington is the biggest city
Burlington has a population of 40K, or about the same number of people who live in my zipcode.

To give you an idea, my highschool graduating class was just over a thousand people. Over 5K in the whole school, and it was one of 4 Highschools here.

HTRN
HTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Yeah I've spent some time in and traveled to larger cities but I love it here.

If we want to talk schools though, yeah my graduating class was something like 22 people the school was 6th - 12th grades and had under 400 people total. There are three towns near my hometown that are so small they don't have highschools, one of them doesn't have any schools at all.

For those that care a little history lesson Granitevill (the town with no schools) was the result of the granite companies offering houseing for their employees, they put people to work, then charged rent on the appartments they provided and owned the only store in town. Now that town has, Rock Of Ages Ganite company, and a post office thats about it other than appartments
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Yiffy Support Gunner

Send a message via AIM to slvrwulf

Rock of Ages is fun to go pester though, move the biggest boulders you can find by the roadside into the abandoned pits...nice satisfying splash...
slvrwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
in the summer they are mcool to dive into to, well the old ones are anyway
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat