mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Ranting about "cities"

Ok I am a country boy, first one to admit it I grew up on a dirt road a mile from pavement. We always had a mailbox accrossed the street and I never worried abou it before in my life, but now I live right square in the middle of Central Vermonts version of a city.

So not thinking anything of it I ordered some stuff and low and behold I come home from work at 2am and there is a box sitting there on the porch of the appartment building that I live in (we have these small mail "slots" that letters and such go in)

I grab it up and realize how easy it would be for any of the hundred wanna-be-thugs and lowlifes in the area could take anything I ordered, is this the way it usually works in cities? I've been having things sent to my father either way but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and get a PO box to have stuff delivered to.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Work or PO box.. that's really your only alternatives if you can't send it to a house where someone is home all day to accept the delivery.

I used to live on a busy road and only had packages screwed with once.. and USPS screw up multiple times. But the real reason I had things sent to a po was to keep the wife from finding out about stuff.

Now that I'm in an apartment, out of the few things I've had sent, I've already had one item disapear and that was because of some knuckleheaded-ness on the part of someone at UPS...

Anyways.. get a PO box.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hey, can't be that bad. After all you did get your package.

But yeah, I try to have things sent to my place of work. Even if I don't take delivery of it, I trust the receptionist way more then I do the postman/UPS guy hiding a package on my doorstep, etc.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Not to nit-pick, but the terms Central Vermont and city are mutually exclusive.
RusskiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

um central Vermont....wanna be thugs.
Do those two things belong in the same rant?

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
mrwisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Yeah thats the problem we have a bunch of little boys walk talk and dress like they are from New York City or something because mommy and daddy have them infront of MTV and BET all day so they try to be just like the people on TV

As far as a city in Vermont, yeah I think the defanition has something to do with tractors on main roads
Old 09-18-2006, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

I hear you on that. I'm much more about country stuff. Better than a PO Box, get a Postal Mail Box or PMB- usually places like Kinkos or The UPS Store rent them out. They can sign for packages from any delivery service for you too. It's really handy for those of us who live in apartment complexes.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Fan of EMR
Kinkos + Vermont = um no

We do have a UPS store around here though I guess I'll look into that
Old 09-19-2006, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

They only thing wrong w/ PO boxes is that UPS won't deliver to them. So if you're gonna make purchases from companies that use UPS, you might want to keep that in mind.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yep, my current apt. building is a bad place to have packages delivered to as well. I've had packages disappear too. Pisses me off because I know it had to be one of the tenants here. I just have everything shipped to my fiancee's office.

Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat