mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Fake guns

Here is an artical on legislating plastic look alike guns.

FOXNews.com - States Seek to Pass Bills Cracking Down on Fake Firearms - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

How silly, another example of blaming objects for the stupidity of people. If someone waving a fake gun gets shot for refusing to obey the police, then they had it coming, its not the toy gun's fault.

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Im your Huckleberry

Send a message via AIM to rob373

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarMonkey View Post
How silly, another example of blaming objects for the stupidity of people. If someone waving a fake gun gets shot for refusing to obey the police, then they had it coming, its not the toy gun's fault.
I agree with this totally. If a police officer comes up to me and tells me to drop my paintball gun, I sure as hell am. Im not stupid enough to get shot over that kind of crap. Plus, how the heck are we going to play if we cant even carry our markers in our cars???

Check out Action Acres, great place to ball!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yes because paintball guns look like real guns with a tank and a loader on top...

Maybe they should pass a bill that causes parents to actually take responsibility for their kids? Little Johnny doesn't need a M4 airsoft look a like when he's 12 years old.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Blah

Isn't it mandatory to have an orange marking on all fake realistic guns? Or is it just airsoft
Old 05-04-2008, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
Yes because paintball guns look like real guns with a tank and a loader on top...
Sadly, the fact is that most people DON'T know the difference nowadays.

Quote:
Maybe they should pass a bill that causes parents to actually take responsibility for their kids? Little Johnny doesn't need a M4 airsoft look a like when he's 12 years old.
I had plenty of real looking toy guns when I was little and didn't get in any trouble. Parents just need to be responsible enough to teach their children right from wrong and to be responsible like my parents did. I think that the lack of personal responsibility is one of the biggest problems in our society today, its always the fault of someone/something else (who then gets a giant frivolous lawsuit filed against them). Hardly anyone nowadays just says, "yup, it was my fault I screwed up."

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think people just need to stop being so overly hysterical when they see a gun, real or not.

Seriously, years back, even when in a hold up, people would try to overpower, or kill the perp, rather than just sit there crapping thier pants and panicing wondering where mister police man was..

Years ago, it wasnt a big deal to see a guy with a gun, as long as he wasn't threatening anyone with it, people paid him no mind.

People today panick when they see a piece of a toy gun, not even complete.

It's the irrational response to guns that is driving this. Yes, it is dangerous, just like some spiders can be, but we are dealing with an entire society that has arachniphobia. (I can't spell either)

It doesn't help things when officials feed this fear by passing silly regulations like this.

That said, if someone is told by a cop to freeze, and he points a potato at the cop, he should expect to get put down. SOciety should accept that as well. THis sort of legislation does'nt solve the issue at hand.
The greatest want of the world is the want of men- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by it's right name, men who's concience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tactical Ventures

I just posted an article from Yahoo concerning the same thing.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Its a sport of honor.

The problem is lumping Paintball and Airsoft into one. Those who live in the area need to educate the lawmakers on that.

Deputy Sheriff/Death Investigator.
My day begins when yours ends.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Its a sport of honor.

Quote:

Ever see a SP8 in the dark, or a SpecOps marker at a glance. Yea they look real enough for the general public.

Deputy Sheriff/Death Investigator.
My day begins when yours ends.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat