mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Je suis un mod!

Back at long last...

Yowzer, has it really been a few months since my last post? Hrm...crazy, methinks.

So, what have I been up to? Let's see:
40+ hours of work per week
20+ hours of university per week (summer school bites!)
Extra work - writing proposal for new cafe' location
Traveling the world! (or at least the States)

Hrm...am I forgetting anything? Hrm....

Oh yeah, there was the incident with the burning. A coffeemachine at work went wonky, pouring ~93*C (200*F) coffee grounds onto my whole wrist, most of my hand, and parts of my arm. That's not crazy, terribly hot (not even boiling), but the grounds stuck to my skin like wet sand, and were hard to wash off. On top of that was the self-inflicted frostbite, caused when I drove 15 minute to the hospital and waited another 15 or so with my hand in a bucket of near 0*C (32*F) water/ice, apparently giving me a yucky frostbite/2nd degree burn combination. The skin wasn' burnt through, but, rather, was sort of melted into a single sheet. Then came the motrin, codeine (T4), silvidine, slicing, cutting, pulling, and "abrading" that left me pretty much unconcious and/or delirious for the better part of at least a week...it's hard to say how long, but I think about a week. School started back in this time, but narcotics sorta make one forget such things. I was on the narcos for about 2 weeks, plus a bit whenever I get bored. I think that was about a month and a half ago...early August.

The good news is you can hardly tell where the 1st* burns were anymore, the 2nd* parts are healed over and back to about 80% range of motion, and the feeling is finally coming back in the area that was borderline 2nd/3rd (some nerves were still okay, so it isn't full 3rd, they say...supposedly they just shut down and haven't come back online, or something like that).

-------

All this means that I only got a single day of play in over the last 3-4 months! Poo on me!

All that aside, good to see the world continues on, and MCB is still full of gun-gluttons, tech-heads, and that same cool crew that'll always be here until the doctors surgically remove the vectors and blazers from their riggormortised fingers.

-Andrew 'Faultie' Bailey

P.S. I don't recall anything in particular, but just a note:
If I had any sort of dealings going on with anyone circa early this year, please let me know. I haven't even thought about checking here for so long...I hope I didn't forget anything and hope I am not now a member held in ill-repute for giving someone the shaft low those many months ago.

P.P.S. Most people would be aghast at the idea, but some of the cats here may be interested to know that I took a few surgery-pictures a few weeks ago when the 2nd* stuff was finally healing up. If you are crazy, sick, weird, or a med-student, lemme know and maybe I'll .zip'em and send'em.

Last edited by Faultie; 09-19-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Faultie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pumpers use both hands.

Cool.

Glad to hear that you are ok.

pics to medic49675 at yahoo dot com
Old 09-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Loin Falcon Palin

Send a message via AIM to paintjunque

Long time no see. Glad your ok. I got stung by a wasp today, hurt like the dickens. No where near what you had to go thru though .
paintjunque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Hang in there Faultie!!!! do what you can to get healthy and let the rest of the schedule fall into place.... "If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything"

PJ.. you puss Unless you got stung on the face..now that sucks!

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Loin Falcon Palin

I got stung by wasps on the face when I was a kid, this time it was the back of the neck behind my left ear.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Stings on the head in general suck! Well good luck to you too!

E
Old 09-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Loin Falcon Palin

Thanks, I'll still make it to CASTLE!!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

I would hope so! If you didn't I'd have to send someone to your house to slap you silly!

Anyways.. Faultie be good and let things heal... no need running out to play paintball just to agrevate scar tissue or anything like that. And NO I do not want to see the pictures.... I do well in emergencies.. but looking at photos of that stuff when my adreniline isn't pumping makes me puke.

E
Old 09-19-2006, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Heya!
Welcome back, and I'm glad you're healing nicely. =)
Definatly take your time and rehibilitate yourself, sounds like a nasty experience!

Good to have you back- and looks like you've had a metric TON of work/school!

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat