mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Easy Rudy.. Down Boy! Down!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Waiting for B to chime in here... he's the man to ask about bicycles.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Old 05-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
Honestly, I wasn't really impressed with the mongoose brand that I saw up here. They seemed overly heavy and not of great quality.
Yeah, I have a Mongoose as well since I needed another bike and didn't want to spend a lot. It is utter crap. Not in the same league as the Giants at all. Like I said before, if Giants are the same now as a few years ago, they are a great product that will bring a lifetime of enjoyment.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Eisenherz

Cannot go wrong with a Specialized. Still have the Stumpjumper I bought in '88, low mounted U-brake and all. Still rides nice.
You Must Learn The Ways Of The Brass.. The Brass will reveal itself only to those who are genuine in their pursuit. You must become open to The Brass in order to receive it. You will never find The Brass until you overcome your fear of truth. Truth and The Brass are one.
My MCB Feedback

|fun|#Born2Die|

W202 - Club202 is Back! W201

Other man stuff - The Garage Journal
Old 05-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have a Giant, it's not as nice as a Trek but better then the walmart crap. I may be mistaken but I'd been under the impression that Giant was made by Trek as sorta a cheaper version of their main bikes. I know the shop I got mine from was a Trek/Giant dealer primarily with a smattering of other brands. the biggest difference (besides about $200) from my giant, vs my trek that it replaced (the trek having been stolen) was that it didn't have the spiffy trigger style gear shifts, or the front shock. quality of parts were pretty good, though I do need to get my shifting cables tightened. mostly I've noticed they use older style extras rather then the brand new super spiffy extras that go on Trek bikes.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Giants or Specialized would probably be a good bike for the right price. They are great bikes for the price, and will last you a long time. Im not a big fan of Treks, there over priced and under equipped. All my friends have Giants thought, and they got nice bikes for a good price, and there still in Service. I have a Fuji dirt jumper which isnt quite what your looking for lol Id say go with a name brand you wont regret it.
[Pumpster] 12:58 am: yeah, we have $1.2 per L cdn
[Be4life182] 12:59 am: Thats the price you pay for having ure own name for ham
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 05-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
S7G
MCB Member

When you come down I will take you out to the BX and we have two or three good bike shops here in town as well.

P-3

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.'

Bottom line is we never were angels...didn't try to
be. We were not related by blood, but we were brothers nevertheless...not in some sort of Hollywood way, but in a real life "no ****" kinda way.
William Walter AC-130 Gunner 2011
Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

Giant was making the late 80s Schwinns and such in Taiwan then they started making their own brand

the component gruppo determines the price range

have you done a local ebay search?

IMHO you should buy this one:
Nirve.com - Men's Cruiser Bikes

although the Nirve Hello Kitty ladies cruiser is quite sweet
Old 05-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Giants are still decent frames. Yes they did have a hugely successful professional DH and CC teams, which is where they first got mass expossure.

Like stated above: If you can find out what gruppo the bike comes with, I think that would be a better judge of the type of deal your are/are not getting.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7G View Post
When you come down I will take you out to the BX and we have two or three good bike shops here in town as well.

P-3
Awesomeness! Thanks Dave! Looks like you guys have one up on what we have up here too. (And we can stay down through that Tuesday too! WOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
Giant was making the late 80s Schwinns and such in Taiwan then they started making their own brand

the component gruppo determines the price range

have you done a local ebay search?

IMHO you should buy this one:
Nirve.com - Men's Cruiser Bikes

although the Nirve Hello Kitty ladies cruiser is quite sweet
I live in Alaska, so ebay and CraigsList stuff is not as useful as a lot of places. I did check out ebay to no avail.

I don't know if you're joking about the cruiser, but that isn't really what I'm looking for at all. It's more than I really want to spend, I'd much rather have a bike with multiple speeds, and I don't really want all of the curvy extra metal on for asthetics.
Ye-ah. Hello Kitty...

Looks like I'll just hold off for a while to at least check in Anchorage unless something I really like falls into my lap.

I'm really not all that into bikes, I just like riding around for fun. I didn't even know what gruppo ment until I looked it up.
I don't even realy know what the ones I looked at had. All I asked about were the prices/price range, regardless of what they have on them it would have to vaccum my house and do my dishes if I was going to shell out my rent for what I'm getting as something fun to do with the soon to be family over the weekend.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat