mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

They said it's roughly equal to a 250cc.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

but i'd still like to know what else is in it's class since they claim to be the fastest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tough as snails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
WHA?!?! A 250cc powerplant in a dirtbike is pretty darn powerful. I ride a 250cc 4-stroke and it'll wheelie out of control if you don't watch how you handle the throttle. 250cc's may not be a lot for a street bike but for dirtbikes that's about the most displacement that can be safely handled.
That all depends on the rider. A 450 is pretty easy for me to handle on trails and a 600 is a breeze for the rider with enough experience. And a 250cc streetbike can cruise at 55 and has plenty of power to throw an unexperienced rider. So really, this is a pretty small bike, no matter which class you apply it to. I started on a 250cc dirtbike and could control it pretty easily after a couple rides. And it was an old and heavy 250cc that really hurt when it fell on you because you did something stupid.
So while this is a pretty neat idea, its just not enough to satisfy the guys who are willing to drop eight grand on a bike. I see this being sold to the well to do environmentalists as a starter bike for their kids.
Because while it may hit 30mph in 2 seconds, can it hit 60 in 4? How bad is the power drop off going uphill? If you stall it in a deep puddle is it going to be worthless when you pull it out? I have to wonder what the limitations on this are. Because that price is way too high for a bike that could crap out on you when it gets a little wet or that may not be able to keep up with the other riders going up the steep hills.
Let us pray: Oh Velcor, bringer of Good Deals on Craig's List and supplier of Cheap but Good Paint, guide our markers in the months to come, and let no member of the flock fall down to that great deceiver, the AGG. Let our feet make it to the next bunker before our enemies spot us and make our snap shots fast and true. In your name we pray - and all Velcor's children say GAME ON!
Amen
You guys are my best friends, through thick and thin, we've always been together. We're four of a kind, havin' fun all day, pallin' around and laughin' away. Just best friends....best friends are weeee!
I love you guys.
MCB feedback
Custom Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
That would be a hell of a commuter...except I have a 23 mile commute and I would hate to get 3/4 of the way to work and run out of juice. Fortunately it's only 150 lb to carry on my back the rest of the way!

Not sure I'd want to be on the freeway on a dirt bike..but could work for surface streets and is way sexier than zipping around town on a Vespa.

Edit: Wait...how does it have 1/10th the pollution of a gas bike? That makes no sense.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tough as snails

Yeah, it should have way less than that. Maybe it counts hydrogen vapor from the battery as "pollution," even though that miniscule amount would be way less than 1/10 of a gas bike's pollution.
Let us pray: Oh Velcor, bringer of Good Deals on Craig's List and supplier of Cheap but Good Paint, guide our markers in the months to come, and let no member of the flock fall down to that great deceiver, the AGG. Let our feet make it to the next bunker before our enemies spot us and make our snap shots fast and true. In your name we pray - and all Velcor's children say GAME ON!
Amen
You guys are my best friends, through thick and thin, we've always been together. We're four of a kind, havin' fun all day, pallin' around and laughin' away. Just best friends....best friends are weeee!
I love you guys.
MCB feedback
Custom Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Maybe they mean the pollution coming from the power plant in which you use to charge the bike.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXJ View Post
Maybe they mean the pollution coming from the power plant in which you use to charge the bike.
Ding ding!

My 250 will pull 230lbs of me up and down hills around 50 no problem. I can even get it up to 70 if I really gun it. &5 in a straightaway... but thats a lot to ask from a little bike.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat