mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Check this out: Subaru STi turned ATV

Another one of those impractical yet really cool things, a 300+ hp ATV made from a car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoghfzWrNbs

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

Last edited by PolarMonkey; 09-20-2006 at 08:03 PM.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Wonder if someone got a wrecked car cheap on salvage and decided to have some fun!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

What a waste of a perfectly good STi engine!
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Looks rediculous.

I was hoping someone lifted an STI an inch or two for some off road rally action.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Utterly useless, but mega-cool IMO. That engine would go great (and be more useful) in a sandrail or dune-buggy.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Morbidly Sarcastic!

Send a message via AIM to Tescrash Send a message via Yahoo to Tescrash

I'd drive that to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Of A-5
I thought you were serious for a moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtcow
I am. That's a dude that desperately wants to be a chick.
Tescrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Pretty cool but it doesn't seem to turn very well. He seems to have to get all the way out of the throttle for every turn on pavement. I think my full size 4x4 has a better turning radius.
Pardini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

A little OT but I have a question that I have been unable to find the answer to. What exactly defines an ATV? So far All I can find is that its something thats not registered with the DOT. My question stems from this. IN the last 10 years several roads have been closed to "jeeps" which for some odd reson is due to trucks tearing up the road and nothing to do with jeeps. These same roads are open to ATVs,,motorcycles, horses, and other OHV's. From what I can tell anything can be registered witht the BLM as an OHV using an OHV permit (snowmobiles, snowcats, sandrails, ect) Also from what I can tell all motorcycles must have OHV permits,even if they are licensed with the DOT. So what classifys something as an ATV? A permit? IVe asked this (blm, and the like) before and no one can give me a straight answer. It seems that ther are no size restricions to an "ATV" or "OHV". However It seems that "jeep" is defined as anything without an OHV permit, with a DOT license.

Its like the video, I know darn well that could be reggistered as an OHV, but the tracking and whelbase is that of a true jeep. Nothing makes sense.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Utterly useless, but mega-cool IMO. That engine would go great (and be more useful) in a sandrail or dune-buggy.
No, that's what Northstar engines are for: Linky

They've got next to no demand for them from the salvageyards(making them dirt cheap), they're very light(about 400lbs), and have up to 300HP from the factory.

VW motors have gotten so expensive for what you get, that they'res been a major shift to the Northstar as engine of choice. About the only downsides is it costs ALOT to really up the power, it has fuel injection so that means wiring hassles, and you need a radiator. other than that, it's a better choice in alot of ways. Bone stock, they're brutes in 1600lb sand rail - they're low maintanance, and it's been done so often, that all the headaches are well known, with alot of info on dealing with them.

Caddillac Hot Rod Fabricators

HTRN
HTRN is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat