mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

They show us that video in CATM when we qualify M-9 and M-16. They also show us this crazy vid of a AF Lt. Col looking down the barrel of his M-9 to see why it didnt fire...at the same time the SSgt CATM instructor yells Stop! the gun goes off!

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneythief
They also show us this crazy vid of a AF Lt. Col looking down the barrel of his M-9 to see why it didnt fire...at the same time the SSgt CATM instructor yells Stop! the gun goes off!
-Jake
Do you get a purple heart for heroics like that
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneythief
They show us that video in CATM when we qualify M-9 and M-16. They also show us this crazy vid of a AF Lt. Col looking down the barrel of his M-9 to see why it didnt fire...at the same time the SSgt CATM instructor yells Stop! the gun goes off!

-Jake
I got to see all kinds of videos of people doing stupid stuff in Naval Gunnery school in 1994. But a live up close view of the aftermath of someone being stupid with a gun really makes you take notice. There was a guy living in the barracks at GM-a school that had pins through his hand and his arm in a sling. I was told that he shot himself in the hand with a glock model 21, 45 caliber pistol. During the armoury part of gunnery school the instructors demonstrate one of the safety features of the Colt 1911 pistol. The intructors take an unloaded pistol and push the barrel back out of battery to demonstrate that it won't fire when the gun is pushed out of battery. Well this rocket scientist wants to show his mother what he learned in gunnery school so he takes his loaded Glock and presses his hand against against the barrel and pulls the trigger. Bang ,it shoots through his hand. He didn't know that a Glock 45 is a different design than a Colt 45, but either way playing with a guns stupid. After numerous surgeries he was seperated from active duty for the good of the Navy. Or in otherwords because he was a dumbass.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

I don't really see his basis for suing the DEA since it was filmed by a spectator. Just because the footage was turned over to them doesn't mean that they can keep it.

Quote:
Paige has been the "target of jokes, derision, ridicule, and disparaging comments" directed at him in restaurants, grocery stores, and airports.

He also notes that he is no longer "permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations."
What a shame! If you literally shoot yourself in the foot and endanger a whole crowd of people in a public forum, you deserve all the shame you get for being an idiot.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Yeah as an educator or demonstrator you have to know your stuff...if you don't know your stuf sit down and shut up.... yes I'm qualified to say this...I teach at a college...and yes there have been times (especially trying to teach windows) that I don't feel like I should be teaching the material.

Anyways, the guy is an *** and is doing the new american thing and that's milk it like it's a cow and if necessary sue anybody and everybody involved. In reality, the guy should have called it an accident, and tried to be as low profile as possible...heck first thing I would have done (can't see the video so I'm not sure if it's the same guy)..shave off those damn dreads so I was a little less conspicuous...then I would have asked for transfer to somewhere outside the states....or somewhere very quiet where no one would see me for a while.

Another thing... you never have a loaded gun around kids in a teaching environment! He's lucky he's not being sued! When we had cops in for DARE (they all caried glocks) they unloaded their gun before they even came in the school....gun was in their holster with mags on their belt...but no bullets in the gun. That was just stupid on his part.... someone should have made him do several dry run lectures in front of his peers so they could pick that out... "Remember to unload your gun chuckle head!...I'll tattoo it on your head, hands and arms if I have to." He would have remembered then.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat