mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

What Is This Golf Club Worth? (Scotty Cameron)

I was just wondering how much this golf club is worth. It's a Titleist Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum (that's what it says on it). It's in OK condition right now but I still need to clean it up. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Oh, and I found this: TheWorldofGolf.com's Search Page
I'm not sure which one it is, though.

Last edited by BIG-AL; 06-11-2008 at 10:58 PM.
BIG-AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Those putters sell for $300-350 new. Yours look to be in well used condition, though it's hard to tell from the pictures. If the putter is in decent, playable shape and has the original shaft, it could go for around $150. If it's in better shape than it looks in the picture you could exceed $200 without a problem. Shaft length will also play a part in value, typically a 35 or 36 inch will sell for a little more. Also if you have the matching head cover, it will add anywhere from $10 to $100 depending on condition and which head cover it is.

These are some of the top putters in golf and are used by many pros including Tiger, even though he is sponsored by Nike. I have a variation of that model and once I got it, I stopped looking.
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
Those putters sell for $300-350 new. Yours look to be in well used condition, though it's hard to tell from the pictures. If the putter is in decent, playable shape and has the original shaft, it could go for around $150. If it's in better shape than it looks in the picture you could exceed $200 without a problem. Shaft length will also play a part in value, typically a 35 or 36 inch will sell for a little more. Also if you have the matching head cover, it will add anywhere from $10 to $100 depending on condition and which head cover it is.

These are some of the top putters in golf and are used by many pros including Tiger, even though he is sponsored by Nike. I have a variation of that model and once I got it, I stopped looking.

This is the cover I have:

I'm sorry but could you explain shaft & shaft length? I honestly know nothing about golf clubs.

Last edited by BIG-AL; 06-11-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
probably might want to check out a golf site
Old 06-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
The shaft should have a Scotty sticker on it, I can't tell from the picture, if it's not there, it doesn't mean it's not original, but it's harder to prove. Shaft length is just what it says. How long is the shaft? I use a 34" shaft because I put old school style, kinda hunched over. Most people today put more upright, so they want a 35 or 36 inch shaft. It;s a matter of putting style and player height.

Your head cover is a standard issue one and appears to be in decent shape, adds small additional value to club. There are a variety of special edition head covers (peace signs,etc) that can be worth more than the club itself.
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

The Cameron shop will refurb putters for you & also do authentifications if you feel the need to go that route. I was thinking of sending mine in at one time to have them refinish my putter head.

Link:
Scotty Cameron - Home

BTW: Are those corded Titelest grips your putter has?
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

the PGA's site also has a section where they tell you the value of sets or individual clubs. I stumbled into it once and it was pretty interesting. Try there as well.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
The Cameron shop will refurb putters for you & also do authentifications if you feel the need to go that route. I was thinking of sending mine in at one time to have them refinish my putter head.

Link:
Scotty Cameron - Home

BTW: Are those corded Titelest grips your putter has?
I'm not sure what corded grips are...
Old 06-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-AL View Post
I'm not sure what corded grips are...
Strings (the cords) are inlayed into the rubber. Subjectively helps with: grip, wear, and looks.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat