mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann61 View Post
ok azzy here is the info,

you need to apply for a lost title. you need to head to a local notary with your bill of sales and let them know what you need, pay some fees (the reissue of a title and the fee to the notary) and presto a few weeks later you have a title from the keystone state.

although i must concur with Drum

Thanks for the info

When I last talked to AAA, they told me that I would need to have teh current owner do all the work, and I could not legally buy teh bike.

Good thing on the scooter, guy found the title, just never sent it in to get it switched, and has a bill of sale. With that I can get it transfered straight over to us

Now lets see what kind of condition it is in, its an 87 Honda Elite 150.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Now if only we can get a legal cell phone jammer, thats gonna make more people safe than if we all drove foam cars at 5mph.
Why's it have to be legal? I've been wanting to build one for some time now, it would be hard to find you if had one mounted to your bike.
The greatest want of the world is the want of men- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by it's right name, men who's concience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
What does one have to do to get a title for a vehicle that has none?

1st case, I have 2 Suzuki GS500E's. One titled and on the road, the other wrecked about 3 years ago, title gone, and have a bill of sale for it. (Worse comes to worse, its a parts bike)

2nd case, my wife wants a scooter for the 2 mile commute to the trolley stop and small runs to the grocery store in town. Ive found 2 scooters, titles lost, and both have been used as bikes around campsites. 1 guy has a bill of sale from the fellow he bought it from.

Any ideas folks?
In PA:

If it was wrecked with a lost tile, sold with a bill of sale (hopefully), then restored you can:
1) get original title from where-ever it is.... and transfer to your name
2) submit inspection, pics, restoration/rebuilding evidence, and get an R title from the state, for a Specially Constructed/Reconstructed. This is similar to the hot rod kit cars, however..You may only build ONE non-EPA complaint totally custom kit bike though, so be careful.

Results for 'reconstructed'

I'd do some reading and call a GOOD notary, the ones the hot rod guys go to, they know alot more about title reconstruction and antique, etc. Than AAA generally does.

To use it, means driving and unregistered bike, since there is no title number. Trying to register it would not be a good move, and driving it anyway is too far a liability compared to some cheap sub-1k bike you may find.

expect a couple hundred dollars in fees, and paying for the inspection they will require, which is not a yearly but an overall road readyness check.

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Now if only we can get a legal cell phone jammer, thats gonna make more people safe than if we all drove foam cars at 5mph.
ROFL! I can see it now... as your wife approchaes people driving relatively o.k., but speaking on their cell phones, their cell phones go dead... they all start to look down at their phone, and begin to dial frantically as they were in the middle of a conversation about nothing, they continue to fidget with their phones, thereby increasing their dumbassness by X100.... great idea...better build one with a ridiculous range.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
(It would be for me but...)Good point....

Ill stick to the ridiculously loud horn then
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sometimes titles are a real pain though.
I, from Maine, bought a car in NH, from a dealer who got the car from someone in Mass.

Somewhere along the line, the NH dealer lost the title, and never sent it to the Maine DMV. That lead to the whole title search process, involving three states, and countless useless government employees.

Ended up taking 6 months. During that time, the state kept sending me letters saying I'd be arrested if pulled over driving that van. Frustrating.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat