mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
I've porked many

I used to either speak to them in Japanese, or give the phone to my then three year old daughter. She loved telephones, and would not shut up, or give up the phone. I would see the number on the caller id and say, "Emi it for you." It served two purposes, she was happy she got a phone call and I would listen in on the extension, to see how desperate the telemarketer would get before hanging up.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Legato, why don't you shut the ringer off and let the answering machine pick it up? I've always worked nights and I've always done that. I've yet to get a call that couldn't be ignored for a few hours.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
We dont get telemarketers, only calls from credit cards that we have paid off and canceled. They just wont take no for an answer, well, discover did once we threatened legal action of some sort, and they stopped. (Suprised that worked, i pulled most of it out my rear)

Now ll we get are political calls.. and I am generally nice to them, and politley ask to be taken off the list.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
ton up boy

My favorite approach is this old one:

"Sorry, cant speak now, can you give me your home number and Ill call you in the evening"
"umm, (whatever they try to tell, about not giving their own number)
"What, you dont like strange people calling your home in the evening?
"Then what **** are you calling me for"

Im sure that some day one of them is gonna give me their own number.

The ones that I love the most are the guys selling crap stocks. (as used in stockmarket, not sawed off KPs)

They always go to great lengths about the companies and how they are on verge of a major breakthrough (new lubricant, cure for cancer, whatever) And the stock is going to go through the roof.
Then they ask how much I can invest on such an opportunity of a lifetime.

Yes, I let them talk and keep on it, just cause theyre abroad and I get useful practice in my english speaking

By that time Ive googled the stock and usually there is a warning on it.
Also they always say they are from Austria or Switzerland (like it will give them more credibility. Usually the area code is Spain though

That is not illegal like 419, cause they actually have something to sell.

Last edited by baader; 06-14-2008 at 02:03 PM.
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I start panting. =) Then in a low voice I tell them to talk slower and to tell me more. Then I let loose with random moans. Call them a bad boy/girl and tell them to slap their desk. =) Say things like "Oh that sounds Kinky!" Some times I ask them to wait a second and ask my wife in a husky voice to go get me the warming oil. They usually hang up at that point.

Or if I am in a bad mood I start talking about death and evisceration and removing body parts and feeding them to my cat. All in a very reasonable tone of voice of course.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
I start panting. =) Then in a low voice I tell them to talk slower and to tell me more. Then I let loose with random moans. Call them a bad boy/girl and tell them to slap their desk. =) Say things like "Oh that sounds Kinky!"
That's hilarious! Reminds me of the South Park episode where the boys go the Mel Gibson's place to get their movie ticket money back. There's gotta be a soundboard with that somewhere...

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Reconshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
I start panting. =) Then in a low voice I tell them to talk slower and to tell me more. Then I let loose with random moans. Call them a bad boy/girl and tell them to slap their desk. =) Say things like "Oh that sounds Kinky!" Some times I ask them to wait a second and ask my wife in a husky voice to go get me the warming oil. They usually hang up at that point.

I once answered the phone with "you got me at a reaaally bad time here...this better be good"
then the telemarketer asked why (I was really just doing some last second work on some plans for my architecture classes) but I ran with it and said I was trying to hang myself. For the next 10 minutes I had him trying to talk me out of a suicide attempt ...at the end I just laughed and hung up.

Most of the time I just tell them Grampa Simpson-style stories about how I was involved in pivitol historic events, but they normally hang up pretty early into it.

Team Captain, Section 8 Scenario Woodsball Team

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Reconshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
lively as a coma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconshooter View Post
at the end I just laughed and hung up.
I would have dropped something to emulate the sound of hanging yourself.
hockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Just get yourself on the "Do Not Call" website.

It should solve the problem
psychosmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat