mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
P&P Memories

Since the D&D for sell thread seems to be turning in to a reminiscences thread I figured why not start this one instead. So tell stories about your favorite adventures. The times a DM or story teller screwed you or you and your party screwed a DM. Spell combos that worked or didn't and what edition. Branch out talk about your favorite WoD character and the time you Staked an elder under the princes nose. =) Any thing goes. Let the memories flow.

Maybe I will tell you about the time I embraced a House...

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

well... i think we all have the 'rat flail' story (or alternatively, the Kobold in a Sack)

Gotta say, my favorite memory of screwing a DM over was....

"You encounter a large wooden hall with a door at each end, from inside you hear the harsh grunting of orcs"

my response... a barbarian with a good throwing arm, several flasks of lamp oil to the roof and a flaming arrow.

mage and warrior on one side, barbarian and myself (ranger) on the other...

We collected many 'Melted Lump of Silver and Gold'

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

My best gaming group ever was around 1991-1993. None of us worked Mondays or worked 2nd shift (I worked a weird swing shift 6pm-3am). We would play from about 2pm Sunday to Monday morning sometime. The room we played in was on the empty 3rd floor of my friends grandparents triple decker and we had painted all the walls with chalkboard paint. Whenever we would encounter a monster we drew him on the wall with chalk. After a while we had a LOT of creatures on the walls. We would buy a pig and roast him outside and eat him little by little all night while indulging in the "Halfling's weed"

One time we had a weird bug in the room at the beginning of the session. We put him under a glass and squirted lighter gas into it. He promptly keeled over. 20 minutes later he was fine. So we tried another chemical. Same reaction. After a few hours we were searching the house for chemicals to kill him with. Monday morning he was still alive, so we made up a character sheet for him (infinite resurrection etc.) and let him go.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tactical Ventures

A guy in our group had a bird that he had taught several colorful phrases. So our DM is trying to build a little suspense in the game.

"Just ahead you can see faint shadows dancing along the wall when suddenly you hear..."

"RRRRRRRRRRRAAWK MOTHERER"

The game stopped right there. We didn't get anything accomplished except laughing and crying for the rest of the night.

Ripperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
One time as a DM I decided it would be funny to build a dungeon around both the first and second issue of Grim Tooths traps...The guys where not amused. Sadly no one made it out a live.

As a DM I was the worst and eventually they realized I hated being forced to do it. =) All it took was me randomly rolling for dysentery and trapping the castles oblique with a barbed crossbow that was triggered by the pressure plate on the seat. =) Automatic hit. =) 1D8+4 in damage another 1D6 of damage a round from the um involuntary cramps until they either dislodged the bolt. To make matters worse the bolt was poisoned so they had to roll a save vrs poison failure meant they lost 10% of their HPs per round until cured or death. Save meant the poison was to old and didn't effect them. Regardless of if it was dislodged,removed and they where healed they still had to roll a save vrs decease seeing how they just had a rusty poison and filth coated bolt up the bum from the jakes and they where mixing their own blood and fecal matter. =)

After that I never had to DM again.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
One time I was a sea Elf that did not speak common, but had a very high artistic proficiency along with a fascination for using chalk. We were on a Paladins quest. The Paladin did not speak any language my character did. He was laying out the plan while giving a long, drawn out speech detailing all his lofty ideals. I got bored and wandered off with my chalk to start doing grafitti. The DM had me do a proficiency check for the drawings of our paladin having sex with crustacians that I was drawing. I scored extremely well. Between the drawing and the paladins reaction, he came within a hairs breadth of losing his paladinhood permanently

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

lol we got some hard core P&P guys on here.

I played some old fantasy games and then I got into Shadownrun in the 90s, those were good times. I remember playing games on a message board for a time.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
Funny thing is I ended up getting back into AD+D 2 with a group that includes a White Wolf writer.

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Jesus saves...

...and only takes half damage!

Some people get so pissed when I wear that shirt. Meh. I guess they just can't appreciate how cool Erol Otus is.

I was going to get this shirt to wear for paintball but they were sold out at the time of the sale...I got a feeling a lot of people would get the joke...

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tactical Ventures

I'm glad to see other people buy their clothes at Jinx and it's not just me.

Ripperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat