mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVFDgunner View Post
D4rksabre, True, I just... people don't seem to realize, it all depends on the situation. I typically let someone go with fifteen over, but I work the night shift, unless your near a school after 0630, I'm not that worried about it. Pretty much everyone in town has figured this out, it's not that I'm lazy or anything, it's just, well, I have a sense of what is an actual issue, as compared to something that doesn't really seem like a big deal.

If you're flying through TN before I make my move to Washington, and you see this

Gunners Patrol Truck
Feel free to come say Hi.

For some reason Icant get the picture to load directly into the thread, must be something simple that I'm getting wrong.
Nice truck! Glad you agree with me for the most part. I've blown past Troopers and Sheriffs many times doing 10-15 over and they never seem to care. I figure as long as you aren't driving like an idiot, talking on your phone, tailgating, etc. that they don't worry too much about speed. I see speeding as a reason to pull cars over if you suspect a little more might be going on than meets the eye.

I'm actually in school for Criminal Justice right now, with the plan being to be a State Trooper after I graduate. I've been looking at New Hampshire a lot; they pay well and the standard of living is really good. Plus it keeps me in the northeast which I like (and closer to more paintball! )

Hey Carter, is NH crazy like Massachusetts with the whole not selling beer in supermarkets thing? What time do the bars close in NH? I'm used to last call at 4am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
There is beer in supermarkets in NH, but all the liquor stores are state run (There's actually one that doubles as a rest area on I-93 in Concord lol)

Last call I think is around midnight, but it's been a while since I've been up that late and out of the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to OVFDgunner

d4rksabre, Good call on the CJ degree, lots of fun toys in LE. Are you planning on being a regular officer, or special services like K-9, SWAT, anything like that? I have nothing against standard officers, but you are much more desired by other departments and agencies if you have special training.

Honestly, if you're a dog person, I would say go for K9 unit. The pay is a little better, and they seem to be semi-desperate for K-9 officers up in NH. My brother just got offered a job with Pembroke PD to be their K-9 officer.
OVFDgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
There is beer in supermarkets in NH, but all the liquor stores are state run (There's actually one that doubles as a rest area on I-93 in Concord lol)

Last call I think is around midnight, but it's been a while since I've been up that late and out of the house.
State run liquor stores eh? How much do they kill you with extra taxes lol

Quote:
Old 06-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVFDgunner View Post
d4rksabre, Good call on the CJ degree, lots of fun toys in LE. Are you planning on being a regular officer, or special services like K-9, SWAT, anything like that? I have nothing against standard officers, but you are much more desired by other departments and agencies if you have special training.

Honestly, if you're a dog person, I would say go for K9 unit. The pay is a little better, and they seem to be semi-desperate for K-9 officers up in NH. My brother just got offered a job with Pembroke PD to be their K-9 officer.
I was actually contemplating K9. I figured I'd wait and see what they are looking for when the time comes, but I think K9 would definitely be an option for me. I like to be out and about, not sitting behind desks, so whatever keeps me on the road for the most part is my cup of tea.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Typically I alot of radar, and assist other officers and neighboring towns when they need Hunter. usually as a precaution if we have someone pulled over after 2200 hours it requires two officers, and I almost always roll to anyones call as a back up and assist. The only down side is when Hunter and I go anywhere near the school. All the kids go " ooh, cute puppy" and want to pet him, they get all upset when I tell them they can't.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
I didn't stop trying to pet police dogs until i was like 23.....

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by incynr8 View Post
Is there a story behind this?

Quote:
Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incynr8 View Post
I STILL try and pet them. Not just mine, but whenever we have joint department training or assignments. There's just something neat about them
Old 06-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
well you're around them all the time. I'd have a tougher time resisting then.
You can't even pet your um 'partner'? That's drive me nuts.

No story...I like Shepards and it took a bit of getting yelled at enough to leave the dogs alone as desired. No I dont have an awesome college story of a police dog restraining me............

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat