mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVFDgunner View Post
d4rksabre, Good call on the CJ degree, lots of fun toys in LE. Are you planning on being a regular officer, or special services like K-9, SWAT, anything like that? I have nothing against standard officers, but you are much more desired by other departments and agencies if you have special training.

Honestly, if you're a dog person, I would say go for K9 unit. The pay is a little better, and they seem to be semi-desperate for K-9 officers up in NH. My brother just got offered a job with Pembroke PD to be their K-9 officer.
Pembroke? No kidding! I lived there last year. Is your family from NH?

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to OVFDgunner

My brother moved up there two years ago when he married Brandi, but we came from Oklahoma. Ithink he met her off the internet, but they insist it was at a training seminar.
OVFDgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

I think I would have a hard time not petting my K9 partner lol I'd have to put aviators on him so I would know that he always means business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

I think that was misunderstood. I can pet my partner ( he's technically MY dog), but I'm to discourage anyone else from giving him attention, and when I work with other K9 officers we aren't supposed to pet one anothers dogs.

I will try to get Hunter to sit still for a picture, if DOES look pretty badass decked out in his vest with the leather leash.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
I think that was misunderstood. I can pet my partner ( he's technically MY dog), but I'm to discourage anyone else from giving him attention, and when I work with other K9 officers we aren't supposed to pet one anothers dogs.

I will try to get Hunter to sit still for a picture, if DOES look pretty badass decked out in his vest with the leather leash.
Ah good to hear. I think I'd go crazy if I couldn't show my partner appreciation for a job well done.

When you train for K9 do you have to get attacked by one so you know what it's like? Like when you have to get tazed and maced?

Quote:
Old 06-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

We used a padded suit. It wasn't required, but it was a Macho thing, who's enough of a badass to have the dog sicked on them. Got maced, we didn't NEED to get zapped by the tasers, but those of us that have the X26 did because we wanted to see how well it worked.

when you read X26 picture a pistol that can be mounted under the M4 on an Xrail system. I run an X26 with the tasercam
Old 06-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Man, that is some crazy stuff!
Here if you have any pot on you or even if your smoking it normally the the police will just straight up ignore it, except if it like an ounce or you have it in a school.
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Honestly, my opinion is if you only have a little bit, or just being recreational and staying at home, I'm not going to be a dick about it. I enforce the school zone rules, and if I think you're a dealer though.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
We used a padded suit. It wasn't required, but it was a Macho thing, who's enough of a badass to have the dog sicked on them. Got maced, we didn't NEED to get zapped by the tasers, but those of us that have the X26 did because we wanted to see how well it worked.

when you read X26 picture a pistol that can be mounted under the M4 on an Xrail system. I run an X26 with the tasercam
Sick!

I think it's good that they give you the option. I feel like it's good to know what's going on from the suspects perspective so that you can see why they'll react how they do. I would imagine getting jumped by an angry German Shepard is pretty scary, even when you know it isn't going to kill you lol

Quote:
Old 06-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

I've found that most people don't know that the dog wont kill them they are over paranoid, worried because they are being attacked by a dog. Besides all the training Hunter gets, it's the officers call on if the subject has been brought down, but if the injuries are excessive, then I have to answer for that, so I usually pull Hunter off immediately. Unless the person is difficult.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat