mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to OVFDgunner

Was the moon full last night?

Just curious, we had some REALLY strange events here.

Names removed for safety

___________ rescue rec'd a call for " unknown medical" at a foundry. My brother is an EMT with this ambulance company, and called in tears he was laughing so hard. One foundry employee was using a low pressure ( 30 PSI relief line) to blow air through his pants to cool off. Employee number two decided that using the main pressure line for the pot cart (moves 1200 pounds of liquid alum), would work even better, since it was so much more powerful. The rescue arrived, and the PT (employee #2) had a swollen belly, was discolored, and had swollen sides, along with "a hissing from his rectal area". He had stuck the line down his pants, and opened the valve to full pressure, bursting his skin, and creating a giant air pocket inside himself. Not really sure what they used for treatment, but my brother said " that poor bastard was farting all the way to the ER"

Then shortly afterwards I rec'd a call for someone acting "strange" in their vehicle. As I pull into Mc______, I see the subject vehicle pulling into the road. I follow subject vehicle, and nothing seems strange. He accelerates to fifty in a thirty mile an hour zone, so I decide I'll flash my lights, and maybe he will take the hint and slow down. ( Keep in mind I'm following him in my patrol vehicle). No luck, on come the lights, and off he goes like a bat out of hell. he gets about two blocks up the street before he figures out that between me and the other officer coming at him, he's not going to get anywhere so he pulls over. He bails and tries to jump a fence. Hunter happily drags him off the fence. Run the kids license, two speeding tickets, no arrests, no probation, anything like that. I tell him that I was simply going to give him a written warning for speeding. He is still nervous, but gives me permission to search the vehicle. He was nervous because he had pot. " I thought you would find it and send me to prison". I'm not a hard ***, but I'm not a bad officer. he had less than half a joint in his car. More than likely I wouldnt even have looked in his car if he had pulled over, and I wouldn't even have pulled him over if he had slowed down when I hit the lights.

Are people really that paranoid?
OVFDgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Woa... Crazy. Actually the guy with the air pocket is lucky not to be dead. I he had gotten that air into his blood stream, those air bubbles could have gotten stuck somewhere, and either cause paralysis, or death on the bad side... I suppose having "gas" is one the your a lucky SOB side.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, it was an unusual night for our Rescue, some very strange calls. From what information I could get out of my brother I guess the guy had been trying to blow off his backside, and had pierced the skin of his butt, as well as shot air into his...well...let's just say he will be very sore, and have lots of internal bruising.

I just can't believe that kid tried to run from me. I almost never actually have to chase anyone. Then again, all the locals know I'll let just about anything go. It's june and I've written maybe twelve tickets so far this year.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVFDgunner View Post
Are people really that paranoid?
Yes.

You ever been behind someone who is deathly afraid of the cops and slams on their brakess every time they see a cop car whether they're speeding or not? I was behind a guy one time and a Sheriff was sitting off the road clocking people. We were already crawling along at the speed limit and this joker slams on his brakes when he sees the cop. We end up CRAWLING the rest of the way down the street.

I'm sure you see it every day too. How often do you see cars laying on the brakes when they see you clocking? Do you just kind of laugh to yourself as you watch them crawl by thinking "If I wanted to pull you over I could have."?

How often do you take different routes to get places because your presence on a road causes everyone in front and behind you to slow to a snail's pace?

For some reason I've always felt that if there's a squad car behind me, I can still safely do 5 over. It's like saying "hey, I know you're there, but I don't have anything to hide so I'm not going to hold up the flow of traffic by going slower." I always feel like if you do that you look guilty.

EDIT: Dumped a huuuge portion of quoted text to save space. Schmitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?

Last edited by Schmitti; 06-18-2008 at 08:36 AM.
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The officers in my town are great. They know me enough... I usually do the speed limit, if not a tad over. If I'm over, they just flash the lights at me... I wave and slow down.

Our biggest issue in town, was the local bar that expanded.... See, the bar expanded to 60 people capacity from 25. No big deal right? The issue the town was wrestling over was the fact that the bar stayed open until 1:00 AM, and the police station closed down at 11:00 PM

Yes, our police force gets the night off. There isn't exactly much happening in my town with a population of 4,000 I would imagine there being many a boring night if it was a full time force.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

I'm a cashier at a grocery store (hey, whatever funds my paintball). As such, I've lost ALL faith in humanity. This doesn't surprise me in the least...

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Grand Exalted Ruler

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
The officers in my town are great. They know me enough... I usually do the speed limit, if not a tad over. If I'm over, they just flash the lights at me... I wave and slow down.

Our biggest issue in town, was the local bar that expanded.... See, the bar expanded to 60 people capacity from 25. No big deal right? The issue the town was wrestling over was the fact that the bar stayed open until 1:00 AM, and the police station closed down at 11:00 PM

Yes, our police force gets the night off. There isn't exactly much happening in my town with a population of 4,000 I would imagine there being many a boring night if it was a full time force.
WTH?
Old 06-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

D4rksabre, True, I just... people don't seem to realize, it all depends on the situation. I typically let someone go with fifteen over, but I work the night shift, unless your near a school after 0630, I'm not that worried about it. Pretty much everyone in town has figured this out, it's not that I'm lazy or anything, it's just, well, I have a sense of what is an actual issue, as compared to something that doesn't really seem like a big deal.

If you're flying through TN before I make my move to Washington, and you see this

Gunners Patrol Truck
Feel free to come say Hi.

For some reason Icant get the picture to load directly into the thread, must be something simple that I'm getting wrong.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post

And that's exactly why the kids from our local high school go into his town to go get hammered and have huge *** bonfires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

I have 2 aunts that used to be ER nurses and they swear that something weird happens on nights with full moons.

The ERs go crazy when there is a full moon. One of them said that have about 3x as many patients when the moon is out.
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat