mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Shoots First

Signs was not good. After "Signs" and "Unbreakable" I don't even bother to watch his damn movies anymore... how about a movie about a super hero whose powers are that he can't get a cold? ...and even better, a super villian whom can't navigate a stair case without breaking his legs? Awesome.

redthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to stupiddogg Send a message via Skype™ to stupiddogg

Thanks Curt,

You saved me 20 bucks and 2 hrs of my life. Honestly they made it look good in the commercials... Another movie I wont have to DL
stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by redthirst View Post
Signs was not good. After "Signs" and "Unbreakable" I don't even bother to watch his damn movies anymore... how about a movie about a super hero whose powers are that he can't get a cold? ...and even better, a super villian whom can't navigate a stair case without breaking his legs? Awesome.
I rather enjoyed "Unbreakable". There's some subtleties in it you might not catch on the first time through. His superpowers were your standard invulnerability (except to drowning) and super strength, with a rather unique "guilt detector". But he had a mental blockage. He wanted to live a 'normal' life so much he simple refused to believe for years that he could do these things. And the 'super villian' was your standard Lex Luthor archtype. Not strong (increadibly weak and frail in fact), but capable of great evil through intelligence, influance, and manipulation. It's all about the polar opposite. Heck, even Samuel Jackson's hair was important. The tall afro was to make his head seem bigger, like a mental super villian.

But every movie he's made since, I've had zero interest in seeing. It's like he's forgetting to do some basic research. In "Signs" I get the feeling he never bothered to actually ask a real farmer how he'd handle things.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

I think he should make a normal movie, not a "scary" movie, if you can call them that. He rights pretty good dialogue, and his characters seem very fleshed out, I think if he put his mind to it he could make an oscar calibre movie. Forget this horror crap.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
This is not directed at anyone in specific...

This thread makes me realize how far we as a nation have fallen. Should have seen ****ing Get Smart? Really? That would have been a good movie.

Let's be honest - we are amusing ourselves to death and are turning out absolutely worthless bull**** because we as a nation will (for the most part) watch ANYTHING. Anything that is not us working 58 hours a week that will take us out this excuse we call existence passes as entertainment.

Kung Fu Panda? Really?

There is nothing in the mainstream movie drivel that I would spend any money to see. The last movie that I saw that half way moved me was 'About Schmidt'. 'Into the Wild' was okay - but even these are not films they are movies. I haven't even seen a decent independent film in a while.

We cannot continue to devalue the arts, put our geniuses in gaming software, and think that we will advance. We may continue to GROW - but I don't think without a shift in thought - we will not continue to DEVELOP.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.

Last edited by Talfuchre; 06-22-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
This is why I read books.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Resident Marker Monger

Send a message via Yahoo to hmudd13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
hes had wat 2 good movies. 6th sense and signs. then after tat he's tried like 50 movies and failures. someone really needs to cut him off from getting money to make movies.
First off, you need to be able to spell and punctuate correctly before saying someone else can't do something correctly. (goes to credibility)

(sorry if I seem grumpy, but I just came back from 4 minutes at the "forum that shall not be named", and poor grammar bites.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post

But every movie he's made since, I've had zero interest in seeing. It's like he's forgetting to do some basic research. In "Signs" I get the feeling he never bothered to actually ask a real farmer how he'd handle things.
He'd have to find a real farmer who was a preacher, AND, recently witnessed his wife dying horribly in a bizarre accident.

Personally, I'm a big fan. I've liked all his movies, especially, Unbreakable.
They remind me of the older Twilight Zones.

WTB..... SMG clip catcher, SMG internal air line.
WTB .... Oct/88 APG.Got it, Thanks Dan

NO'MAAM #29
My Markers
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback
Ebay Feedback 100%

Quoting WOLLFFY on AO;
I don't recall mentioning trades, especially not for smart Farts. Thanks though.
hmudd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post

This thread makes me realize how far we as a nation have fallen. Should have seen ****ing Get Smart? Really? That would have been a good movie.

Let's be honest - we are amusing ourselves to death and are turning out absolutely worthless bull**** because we as a nation will (for the most part) watch ANYTHING. Anything that is not us working 58 hours a week that will take us out this excuse we call existence passes as entertainment.

Kung Fu Panda? Really?

There is nothing in the mainstream movie drivel that I would spend any money to see. The last movie that I saw that half way moved me was 'About Schmidt'. 'Into the Wild' was okay - but even these are not films they are movies. I haven't even seen a decent independent film in a while.

We cannot continue to devalue the arts, put our geniuses in gaming software, and think that we will advance. We may continue to GROW - but I don't think without a shift in thought - we will not continue to DEVELOP.

TF
Dude, KungFu Panda was good.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post

Kung Fu Panda? Really?

TF

I wish I had health insurance so I could ride a high horse like you TF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
This is why I read books.
'You are so much better than me.' Is that what you want to hear from everyone who watches TV or went to go watch a movie with a woman? I bet you're a vegetarian. Did you not learn anything from the Brothers Karamazov?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Dude, KungFu Panda was good.
I agree Kung Fu Panda rocked. Skadoosh!

TheDude's Feedback

Last edited by TheDude; 06-22-2008 at 08:05 PM.
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
My wife insisted we had to go see this movie. I told her I would go (after some nagging) but told her she would admit afterwards it was crap and should never have been watched. Apparantly, I really can see the future.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat