mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I thought the whole concept of PBC was to be an extension of MCB, whereas MCB would be invite only and PBC was to be an open format for everyone.

You know, the "Same but Different" concept?

Of course, that was BC (Before Crash).
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Snyiper Send a message via Yahoo to Snyiper

I just figured EVERYONE had bleach kinda like just in case you may need it for bleaching a wood stock or something. I find the best way to break in leather is to put it on as tight as possible soak it with water and let it dry while wearing !!! I'll just leave it at that .

Players "Play the game with Honor and Dignity or just wipe cause you suck"
Snyiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

*primal scream* Water? On brand new shoes?! Oh the poor poor leather.
That wasn't the kind of heart stopping moment I wanted this weekend... Yipe!

Naah. I'm sort of laundry impaired- and try to keep chemicals to a minimum. *grin* Space and lazyness my friend... space and lazyness.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowcode
Please don't think less of me for thinking so but... I liked the old MCB. Even the format was retro. This new site has all of the makings of a PBN off shoot. Some of the old faces are here but it just doesn't have that faded, broke in, soft bluejeans feel. Maybe it will take time.

To me it feels like it has changed to a generic paintball forum and "oh, yeah" there are some tid bits on collectables and old school.
I thought that was Carter's the whole idea with doing PBC, an intelligent alternative to PBN, with MCB remaining, well, MCB. PBC was never supposed to replace MCB. Sounds like he's hit the mark!
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

I hear ya' but I am afraid that the server problems are going to take MCB out for good one day.
Slowcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ
I thought that was Carter's the whole idea with doing PBC, an intelligent alternative to PBN, with MCB remaining, well, MCB. PBC was never supposed to replace MCB. Sounds like he's hit the mark!
MCB is a site dedicated to Old/Rare paintball guns. Due to the intial croud it attracted it took on a more mature and intelligent attitude, as well as a rep for a group of folks who know there stuff. When others tired of the bad attitudes they've run into elsewhere, they came to MCB for a more mature and ittelligent answer to they're queries. Unfortunately, more and more often, those queries were not related to old rare/guns, which often bothered the mcb 'purists'. Thus the creation of PBC, a mainsteam paintball site which can cover all aspects of paintball, but with the maturity and intelligence that governed mcb.

Just things the way I see it, for what its worth.
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat