mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   MILSIM used on Dog The Bounty Hunter (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/4884-milsim-used-dog-bounty-hunter.html)

Verbious 10-11-2006 12:12 AM

MILSIM used on Dog The Bounty Hunter

The wife was flippin' through the channels and stopped on Dog the Bounty Hunter. They were just about to apprehend a prisoner and what do I see as they rush the house? What looks to be a Tippmann A5.

Anybody else catch that?

It would have looked more realistic with a TAC Cap instead of the full hopper, but it did have a laser sight.

Frontier_Bill 10-11-2006 02:32 AM

Probably filled with pepperballs.

Anyway, if it was a tac cap, they couldn't unload on the guy! :p

Talfuchre 10-11-2006 09:32 AM

I have mixed feelings about Dog using pepper balls. I am not sure if pointing a 'gun' at someone would make them less likely to use thier guns - or more likely.

TF

kidneythief 10-11-2006 11:52 AM

I actually caught the entire show. They did a whole demonstration at the beginning of the show which was somewhat comical. They were shooting an A5, procarb and a Zues pistol at a dummy when they decided to send one of the Bounty hunters out on the range to feel what it was like to get hit with a pepper ball. It seemed as though they dont have a concept of velocity...the guy they shot was wearing a Motocross chest protector and the pepperball shattered it and still had enough velocity to leave a nice bloodring.

I agree with TF...I cont think a perp would reconize weather or not the PB gun was real and may just return fire. I also think that those pepperball pb guns are better suited for riot/crowd control rather than storming up on somebody's house to arrest them...

-Jake

Talfuchre 10-11-2006 11:56 AM

I LOVE Dog - but I think they like to role play the bad *** too much. I think they think the gun look is cool.

TF

Ronin22K9 10-11-2006 12:03 PM

Probably using that because he can't posess a real firearm, being a convicted felon and all.

Chappy 10-11-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidneythief (Post 41616)
It seemed as though they dont have a concept of velocity...the guy they shot was wearing a Motocross chest protector and the pepperball shattered it and still had enough velocity to leave a nice bloodring.

Well, iirc pepperball guns shoot at 350 plus.

shadawg 10-11-2006 02:03 PM

350 to 450 fps. When I bough my zues g2 from armotech, I couldn't get it to chrono below 400. I called them and they said I would have to cut the spring as they need to have that high of a velocity because they sell them to law enforcement for less than lethal weapons.

kidneythief 10-11-2006 02:29 PM

Hmmm...I didnt know that.

-Jake

Talfuchre 10-11-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin22K9 (Post 41624)
Probably using that because he can't posess a real firearm, being a convicted felon and all.

I don't think he is a conviceted felon. I also don't think Bounty Hunters carry firearms.

I know he was charged with illegal extradition (or in this case kidnapping). But I am not sure he was convicted.

TF