mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Firestorm

No that IQ lost on PBN is lost forever. I can't go there anymore, i'm running LOW!
Old 10-14-2006, 04:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

My god, Im new to mcb, but even newer to pbn. I went into their "for sale" section and it was a complete freaking zoo. My favorite part is how no one can simply title what they have for sale what they have for sale! Like this....

***!!!!Super Duper Ninja Shocker With Lotsa ups f/S/t Look!!!!***
*&^%$#@!super sexy alias!@#$%^&*
4 sweet gats!!!! come look at me!!!!
[▄♥♫♥◄☻]Rare STRANGE ImpuLse[▄♥♫♥◄☻]Upgraded F/S/T HOTT! LOOK[▄♥♫♥◄☻]

I can't read squiglies, dots, blips, hearts or smilies, they just add to the chaos and make it that much harder to find anything. Those aren't even the worst I have run across, sadly the really awsome ones were missing from the top 5 pages and I just couldnt dig any further with out risking my sanity.

What I do find funny is that so many people are selling "ninja gats" now and apparently its sweet to have your marker in all black. I don't get it at all....
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
Can't answer those.
Your first sentance is a a fragment Brewtt. It has no subject and I actually doubt if it has proper predication. The proper sentence would be "I can't answer those questions." What do we call double irony? Now that we have both been smartasses...

Everyone makes a typo now and then - no one has perfect grammar, but the point is that despite our typos - at least you can understand the language we speak.

I have never bought nor purchased a marker on PBN, but for some stupid reason, I keep listing my for sale markers there.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

considering 90% of the active posters are under the driving age, its not a suprise at all, and its only getting worse. I used to stick up for some of the mods, but I've noticed many of them no longer seem to care, and more then a few have simply abandoned being mods for forums. many of the specific gun forums used to be readable, but thats but even thats been changing. a number of those forums now no longer have active mods, and people are starting to relize. The general forums and the popular electro's, well, PBn deserves its rep there. Worst thing is, noone really cares anymore. The admins are more focused making money and keeping the forum up then making a good board. they activly say that they don't want to add mods, even though they have seemed to stick with about the same overall amount of mods since the forum started. I have a problem understanding that kind thought process, its almost like they WANT a den of chaos, and anything that changes it is taboo.

as for BST, I don't even bother making more then a half hearted selling attempt on there, its not worth the aggravation (hmm, new source for agg?). and the sales i do make there, well, sometimes makes me wonder why i bothor at all. as far as buying, well, i take the policy of going where what i want is, but i've walked away from more then a few due to idiocy. It would be a lot more usuable if there was some organization or a more functional search, but that would just help cut down on the ups and less to search through, not the stupidity.

all things considered though, the same people are on general boards everywhere, pbn just has a higher concentration of them and a tolerant attitude.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Treadstone

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDoc View Post
wow where did you find that eight ball?

JT
Here is the magic 8 ball, they also have a crapola translator.
http://www.degraeve.com/magiceightball/
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
Your first sentance is a a fragment Brewtt. It has no subject and I actually doubt if it has proper predication. The proper sentence would be "I can't answer those questions." What do we call double irony? Now that we have both been smartasses...
You are an intelligent donkey, for sure.

BTW
You pointed out (and I quoted) "spelling and punctuation," not "sentence fragments."
Old 10-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Personally, I'd like to see a fascist grammar and spell checking utility on all Internet sites. After an arbitrary number of violations the user would be locked out of the site for some period of time based upon the seriousness of the offense. For example, a third split infinitive infraction might just merit a thirty minute lockout, while a third run on sentence with no punctuation or capitalization might cost a few days. Maybe, just maybe, some of these people would pay attention in school and learn the f&cking English language!
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I AM a terrible speller. I misspell thier everytime simply out of habit. I would love a spell check function on every web post.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

I buy off the PBN BST forum all the time. Here is my philosophy...

1. Bypass the ads with no pictures, unless the item is so obvious that no picture is needed.
2. Bypass any ad that refers you to another ad.
3. Bypass the ads with the illegible/stupid titles.
4. Bypass the ads with dozens of replies.
5. Bypass any ad where you can see that someone asked for more info, and was never answered.
6. Post in the thread, and follow up with a PM. If you don't get an answer to a posted offer, question or PM, check to see when the individual was last online. If he/she has been online since you enquired/offered, give them until the next day to respond and then forget it. If they answer after that, it's up to you whether you want to pursue or not.
7. Bypass ads that say, "make an offer", unless someone is looking for a trade.
8. Observe the trade offers that others have made. If it is more than you would pay, and it was rejected, the individual places too high a value on the item and it's time to move on.
9. If the ad says the item "has not been tested", offer as if it's faulty and you'll have to spend money to make it work.
10. If any part of the transaction makes you wonder if it's a good deal/kosher/fair, walk away. Trust your experience and instincts...

I've had many good experiences in the PBN BST, and a few disappointments. I've received guns with broken paint inside, or non-functional, and others that were in even better shape than expected. I've had sellers throw in extras, and make a counter offer that was better than what I originally offered.

I can say that the good/bad percentage is close to the same as my dealings here on MCB.

I have a long list of those who I have dealt with in the past, and refer to it when needed. It serves as a reminder as to whether I need to be careful, pass, or to extend full trust. There are people on both forums that I wouldn't hesitate to deal with, and happily ship as soon as a deal is struck, prior to a trade or payment being received. There are others that I bypass immediately.

Good luck on your dealings.........

Walker

Nelson Owner's Group
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to pork sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I buy off the PBN BST forum all the time. Here is my philosophy...

1. Bypass the ads with no pictures, unless the item is so obvious that no picture is needed.
2. Bypass any ad that refers you to another ad.
3. Bypass the ads with the illegible/stupid titles.
4. Bypass the ads with dozens of replies.
5. Bypass any ad where you can see that someone asked for more info, and was never answered.
6. Post in the thread, and follow up with a PM. If you don't get an answer to a posted offer, question or PM, check to see when the individual was last online. If he/she has been online since you enquired/offered, give them until the next day to respond and then forget it. If they answer after that, it's up to you whether you want to pursue or not.
7. Bypass ads that say, "make an offer", unless someone is looking for a trade.
8. Observe the trade offers that others have made. If it is more than you would pay, and it was rejected, the individual places too high a value on the item and it's time to move on.
9. If the ad says the item "has not been tested", offer as if it's faulty and you'll have to spend money to make it work.
10. If any part of the transaction makes you wonder if it's a good deal/kosher/fair, walk away. Trust your experience and instincts...
I couldn't agree more with you...I've had a number of "good" experiences on PBN in the past, but I try and get a feel for the seller/traders age & grammar. I think that's a good rule of thumb when dealing with anyone on any forum. Not to say an "adult" wouldn't scum you, but it certainly (at least in my experience) cutst down on the risk.

It just seems lately that forum has turned into a hotbed for spoiled little brats having carte blanche to act thug/ghetto and the mods do absolutely nothing about it. I can almost agree with the spelling & grammar bans. Albeit it's a little harsh, it would certainly cut down on the amount of "thuggery" that goes on.

Just my 2 cents, i've had good luck, but then again I've been very selective about who I've dealt with in the past as well.
Blunt Riders-Capitan
Buy the ticket, take the ride..
If no one ever ships first, what's the point???
pork sword is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat