mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

For informational purposes.....Where's the slam?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Twisted_Mister

McCain makes me uneasy.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
And he's a Politician running for President.

It's open season. Nobody gets a free ride when running for a political office. Calm down bub.
So you agree...teasing making fun of or joking POW's is ok if they're running for public office? Or my previous example...a female running for office was raped when she was younger...its ok to make fun of such things?

By your line if someone runs for public office its all on the table and anything that would normally be completely off limits for anyone that has any decency is now ok?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorTommy View Post
For informational purposes.....Where's the slam?
Talking about Mike31c and his smiley faces and joking around about McCain being a POW. It wasn't in the video it was by a member here.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Well I'm not fond of someone making fun of a POW and will stand next to you on that...But I do get tired of "He was a POW...He should be in office" political scheme...
I give him credit where credit is due...

I read those posts two ways...I took it as what I just posted above...Maybe I'm wrong, I hope not.....
Old 09-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorTommy View Post
Well I'm not fond of someone making fun of a POW and will stand next to you on that...But I do get tired of "He was a POW...He should be in office" political scheme...
I give him credit where credit is due...

I read those posts two ways...I took it as what I just posted above...Maybe I'm wrong, I hope not.....
I don't/won't equate him with being a POW automatically grants him the right to be president at all. Still his service to his country is far and above what any other person in the presidential race has done and he should be credited with it and not try and make a joke out of it.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
No you insulted a man who bled, was beaten, and nearly killed for his country.

And what have you done for our/your country?

Quite frankly you insulted worse then my mother. As a current active duty member I find it completely immoral that something like this would even be joked about.

Regardless of your opinion of him for president you should have enough respect for what occurred to him to not joke about it. There is nothing to laugh about what happened to him. I'd think anyone with half a brain would realize that.

Whats next? Oh lets find out Palin was raped at age 15 and then joke about that on the internet? Tasteless pricks...and yes I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Zero respect for anyone that would joke about a POW.
I didn't insult anyone or anything. I simply said John McCain is "creepy". Does his POWness add to that? Absolutely. Do I think a man "who bled, was beaten, and nearly killed" in battle should run this country? Absolutely not. You would think that most people wouldn't want a potentially-crazy POW in arguably the most powerful position on the planet. And just an FYI for your self-righteous self, I too am in the military and know the siginificance of POW/MIA. The difference is I can turn the "military side" of my brain off and realize what is best for this mostly civilian country we live in.

I may be a "Tasteless Prick," but in the very least I am not a mindlessly-patriotic zombie. More than I can say for you, my friend.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
Simmer down boys. Tensions are getting too high. Hate to have to shut down what was a civil conversation

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Old 09-11-2008, 02:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Sly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dann View Post
I didn't insult anyone or anything. I simply said John McCain is "creepy". Does his POWness add to that? Absolutely. Do I think a man "who bled, was beaten, and nearly killed" in battle should run this country? Absolutely not. You would think that most people wouldn't want a potentially-crazy POW in arguably the most powerful position on the planet. And just an FYI for your self-righteous self, I too am in the military and know the siginificance of POW/MIA. The difference is I can turn the "military side" of my brain off and realize what is best for this mostly civilian country we live in.

I may be a "Tasteless Prick," but in the very least I am not a mindlessly-patriotic zombie. More than I can say for you, my friend.

there are two sides to everything
Respect is good, but Mr Docrock, Namecalling is uncalled for man.. be calm, this is Mcb
Feedback-
Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dann View Post

I'm not a 'mindless patriotic zombie' thanks. Up until about a month ago I was firmly in the Obama camp and I won't say by the time the election is done I won't have voted for that ticket. So POWs are crazy huh? You're in the military and would make comments about him being a POW? You should be ashamed. My point is this...the man COULD have left behind being a POW because of his father being an admiral at the time and he would have been released. He refused in order to stay with the other guys.

You want to talk about someone who doesn't use his position to his advantage there is a VERY real decision that I would bet 90% of people out there would have made to save their own skins and yet this guy didn't. Now lets talk about all of the political scheisters out there...Obama being one of them who talks a big game but I haven't seen much out of him other then a lot of talk yet. Actions, especially past actions before someone was a politician, should weigh heavily in peoples thoughts.

Dann you need to sit back and reread there. My post was primarily at Mike31c until you wanted to tell me to simmer down and he wasn't my mother. People making fun of someone like that with smiley faces or calling them creepy is tasteless I certainly won't change that part.

Last edited by DocRock; 09-11-2008 at 04:01 AM.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat