mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Let's Go Mountaineers!

Send a message via MSN to SHOOT3R USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by forstgump View Post
Plus I think it looks cool to have ear muff headphones!

**russel peters quote?** "be a man"
Yes, he's one of my top 3 favorite comedians. I love the one about where he was dating the chinese girl if you have ever seen it. I don't know if he's as good as Dana Carvey, but they're both hilarious!!!

MCB Feedback

Harb: SHOOT3R is genetically predisposed to be an idiot
Harb: he saves most of the idiocy for in here
SHOOT3R: so i was butt naked in this corn field right?
SHOOT3R USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've decided between the Ear Candies, MDR XD1000, or the $80 Sony's, I'm going to let impulse choose between these three once I hit up the stores tomorrow.

Thanks for the help guys.

Feedback
Please take a look at my anodizing album here: Tonsixer Anodizing
Tanongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
Silicon earbuds are the best headphones I have ever owned. So soft and smushy!!!

But, since your looking for headphones I would suggest BOSE. I saw some BOSE noise canceling at Target a while back for 120.
No.

Starting off, let's clear one or two things up. What will be driving/powering/sourcing the headphones? Just an iPod, or a stereo system? Any sort of amplifier?

Secondly, for both, what kind of music do you listen to? And what style of sound do you like? Heavy, thumping bass? Clear mids, and accurate reproduction? Piercing trebles? Warm presentation?

As for things/brands to STAY AWAY from: V-Moda, Monster (The Beats), Bose, Skullcandy, most low-end Sony cans, and if you want good quality sound, be VERY careful with DJ specific headphones (at least in the lower price brackets). Most no-name cans will suck the hard one too, but there are some great companies you've probably never heard of, so be careful.

After you answer these, I'll gladly go from there.

*edit*

Damnit Im too late >_>
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:02 AM   #14 (permalink)

Sennheiser is another good quality manufacturer. Great sound reproduction, but not as high priced as the Bose.

I suggest that you get a set that completely covers the ear. For me it doesn't matter how fancy and soft the padding is, after an hour of them pressing on your ear lobes, it will start to get annoying and begin to hurt. The down side is the complete cover sets get hot to wear for long periods.

Many makers offer wireless sets, but I think you lose some sound quality with anything wireless. Sennheiser is in my opinion the best for the buck for wireless sets. They have a lot of experience in wireless musical equipment.
thkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
is in the left gate...

Send a message via AIM to jwigum

Personally, I've found Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro and Sennheiser HD 25-1 II sound the best to my ears.

They're both professional reference headphones, though. A consumer might be better served by something with noise cancellation built in(especially if they're not picky).

The Beyerdynamic are about 190, and the Sennheiser are about 170.
jwigum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

*gasp* I never even thought about it, I'm using a Sony MP3.

My taste in music is... everything, so that's why I want headphones with overall performance. Everything from death metal, R&B, dance, international to emo. Anything and everything as long as I enjoy it.

Also, I'll go for ones that wrap around the ear as suggested apart from the ones that sit on them, a bit bulky but seems reliable.

Feedback
Please take a look at my anodizing album here: Tonsixer Anodizing
Tanongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Internet Superstar

I highly suggest skull candy.

Headphones : Skullcandy
spud01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwigum View Post
Personally, I've found Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro and Sennheiser HD 25-1 II sound the best to my ears.

They're both professional reference headphones, though. A consumer might be better served by something with noise cancellation built in(especially if they're not picky).

The Beyerdynamic are about 190, and the Sennheiser are about 170.
Oooh... these are some excellent recommendations!

I'd also like to throw out the Grado series. For "lower-cost" applications look at the SR-60 and SR-80 models. They can both be had for less than 100 bucks, if you look around.

Also, they sound okay when driven without an amp. Basically the output of your iPod or sound card should be strong enough to drive these properly. However, at the SR-80 level you might want to start looking into a separate powered amp.
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud01 View Post
I highly suggest skull candy.

Headphones : Skullcandy
jesus.

Skullcandy is the Smart Parts of the headphone world, minus the lawsuits. Think of any skullcandy cans as the magic box for the mag.

As previously reccomended if you want overall performance look at the Sennheiser HD line

Im also a huge fan of AKGs, but it varies from person to person so i wont reccomend a specific model. The best thing to do is to test them out, and look for cans with a lightweight cord. If the cord is heavy and youre using an Mp3 player in your pocket it will start to bend the jack, and youll lose performance and it will eventually cease to exist

*edit* Reccomendation from a friend: Denon AH-D1001K
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
is in the left gate...

Send a message via AIM to jwigum

The headphone jack doesn't have to be a problem, if you use 3.5mm plugged phones:

Replug Breakaway Audio Jack

It won't work with iPhone/iPod mics(you'll only have headphone capability), but you don't have to worry about messing up the audio jack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by advantagepb=virtue
To turn ramping off at anytime, simply tap the power button, or hold the trigger for 2 seconds. There is no indicator to show when ramping is shut off.

Also, if the marker is not fired for 90 seconds,
ramping is turned off.
jwigum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat