mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

So, all PB'ers in Chicago will be rocking Tippmann Triumphs? Sounds like a conspiracy by Tippmann to make their new Triumphs the only markers that can be used in Chicago.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
I'm on a boat!

Send a message via AIM to Greywolf Send a message via Yahoo to Greywolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
I dont see anything in the constitution about identification... card.. hmm.. shall not be infringed.. hmm.. nope, not there either

If your vote doesnt work, vote with your feet, and decline a tax base. Im doing it here in my county as well are lots of people who aren't, well, old.
I don't see anything about an ID for driving a car, either. :/

Ben
Old 10-20-2006, 03:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
I don't see anything about an ID for driving a car, either. :/

Ben
Driving a car is a privilege, owning a firearm is a Constitutionally protected civil liberty.

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

Last edited by PolarMonkey; 10-20-2006 at 03:35 AM.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

PM has got it on the head.

Quote:
It's illegal for a citizen to discharge a firearm in the city of Chicago.
SSS (shoot shovle shutup)

Big cities are nutty IMHO For some reason "in general" people or at least those in charge in big cities, think that if they dont own/need it no one else does either. A good example would be an SUV or Jeep. Shure on a dialy basis in a city you might never need one or even have a desire to use one, but that doent mean that others dont have a need for one. An example would be me. first off I drive the company van home so I have no need of a commuter car, and even if I didnt the city I live in is not all that big. The road also get bad here in the winter, so 4wd is nice to have. Then take into account that most activities here are outdoory type stuff, so 4wd, good payload, good towing for toys ect comes into the picture. Thats why most people here drive suvs and/or trucks (I would guess 50-60%) Yet every so often some nut from a big city will mov into town and complain about all the SUV's, then two or three years later he/she has moved/lost interest, or drives an SUV themself This idea that people dont need pistols or rifles or semiautomatics or need permits for the aforementioned is nutty. It comes down to basicly people who are agaisnt guns and politicians eager to gian there vote, and we all know it much simpler yo put constriant on law obiding citizens and only look like your solving the problem, then to dish out the bucks (or just divert them from your (politican) pocket) to law enforcemnt so they can actualy catch the bad guys.
Reminds me of a part of the movie "man of the year" where Dobbs (williams) talk about the illusion if security at the border(s) IN short all these problems are cuased by politicains in the end (ie they have the power to fix them) and extremist voters on both ends of the political spectrum.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Once you get used to it, it's not so bad. Airsoft is illigal over here and paintball guns are only allowed on fields or private property and should at all times be transported so it's not ready to fire (IE hopper and tank detatched). Guns that closely represent real guns (IE milsim stuff) is illigal (though many people don't care and get them anyway).
Once you get used to it, it's not that bad. Most paintball guns don't represent real firearms anyway.

About the guns stuff. When noone is allowd to have a gun, you don't have the desire to own one either.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4p3Rc1iP View Post
About the guns stuff. When noone is allowd to have a gun, you don't have the desire to own one either.
Except when your wife is trying to defend herself from that 250 pound ex-con rapist, or when you try to defend your family from a couple of armed crackheads who decide to break into your home, steal your belongings, and then kill you and your family to leave no witnessed. Its easy for big time politicians to say "We don't need them", of course they don't need them, they have armed security guards 24/7, or they themselves carry guns (some of the biggest antigun politicians have carry permits). Its just not okay for the "little people" to defend themselves, because its more PC to take away rights from law abiding citizens than it is to go after the real problems like Al Ray said.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

But how many times in your life does that happen?

It's not the 18th century anymore where there's cowboys, indians and outlaws trying to kill eachother and where the common man's only way of stoping bandits from robbing his pieshop is by using a gun (Since we all know that sherifs are incapable of doing anything)...

Chances are, the time you really have the "need" to defend yourself from criminals (IE when a punk is trying to steal your purse or some crackhead is trying to get into your house to steal your stuff), he'll surprise you and kill or injure you before you get the chance to do anything back.

Really, defending yourself is the worst excuse for a gun ever. Look at countries where people don't have guns. Do they need them? No!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Quote:
Do they need them? No!
Theres enough BS in that comment to fertilise the entire midwest. People just get killed with knives, more often, and the bad guys still use guns anyways as they dont care for the law.

Quote:
Only takes one time, and personaly I like living (oh an BTW my gun and my familys guns have defended us on more than one occation, and weve never fired a shot, simple having it is a deterent to criminals.

Again your opinion is a classic example of "well I dont need/want it, why would anyone else" Pull your head out
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Quote:
It depends on where one lives, and it only needs to happen once to destroy one's life.

Quote:
Look at countries where people don't have guns. Do they need them? No!
Look at the opposite extreme, Switzerland is a country where nearly every household has a gun (a full auto assault rifle no less). Switzerland has extremely low violent crime rates, if guns were the problem, then shouldn't Switzerland be a constant bloodbath?

Old 10-21-2006, 02:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
This didn't happen to me, but it did happen about a week ago to a client I represent. A man, his wife, and child were outside his home. For reasons not yet clear, two unknown men approached the family and started beating on the husband. The family managed to get inside the house, but the husband was beaten up badly. The two attackers began trying to break through the front door, so the husband let loose with his gun through the damaged door, severely wounding one attacker and lightly wounding the other. After investigation, it was determined the husband was defending himself and his family, based largely on his blood stains well outside the house and those of the attackers just outside his damaged door. Fortunately, no charges were filed against the husband.

Quote:
Chances are, the time you really have the "need" to defend yourself from criminals (IE when a punk is trying to steal your purse or some crackhead is trying to get into your house to steal your stuff), he'll surprise you and kill or injure you before you get the chance to do anything back.
Chances are, you will never need to use your catastrophic insurance policy, your car's airbag, your homeowner's fire coverage, etc. You plan for the worst, hope for the best, not the other way around.

Quote:
Really, defending yourself is the worst excuse for a gun ever. Look at countries where people don't have guns. Do they need them? No!
Rrriiiigghhtttttt. It would have been far better for my client to have allowed the criminals into his house to finish beating him to death, possibly steal his property, probably kill his wife and child, etc. Thank goodness for the Second Amendment and my state's home defense laws. Yeah, defending yourself is a pretty poor excuse for owning a gun.

I'd better stop now. The rest of my comments would be so vituperous, I might be the first person banned from MCB.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat