mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

New to the site...my intro

Hey everyone, thanks to CrazyDoc at SpecialOps forums, I found this site and I am already in love!!!

Here is my background:

I am 29 years old and have been playing PB since I was ten. I was the first kid on the block to not have a NelSpot; I saved up $125 and bought a Splatmaster out of the US Cavalry catalog back in 1987. Everyone was in awe at how light it was compared to their Nellies, and I thought I was really cool. The rest is history. I've owned, loved, and hated many guns. I'd have to say that I have the best memories with my SL68, which I used for most of the games I've played in my life. Idiot that I am, I sold it on eBay many years ago.

Life has brought me many places since I started playing, and it's been a slow process over the last few years for me to have the time to play regularly. Now I am back! Thanks to an old military buddy for really getting on my *** and forcing me to come out and play more often! I played as much as I could until I went to college, and even then I kept up with it for a couple years. Then I went into a dry spell where I sold off all of my gear and thought I was done.

I made a life-changing decision when I was 17 and joined the Army National Guard. I wanted to be a grunt, but the recruiter liked my ASVAB scores and convinced me to join a newly-forming MP unit. I didn't want to be an MP but I did it anyhow, I guess I have my parents to thank for that-- their logic was that I'd be less likely to get hurt if I wasn't actually on the front lines with an infantry unit. Being an MP I started to socialize with a lot of law enforcement folks. Though I went to college to be a high school English teacher, something must have been stirring inside my subconscious, because I ended up in law enforcement, though not for a few years after college.

I served two years in the MP unit, then fulfilled my dream and changed to Infantry. I saw no combat with the Infantry unit; I haven't decided if I regret that or not. I took a couple years off from the Guard at one point, then came back.

Today in civilian life I work for a small town police department and have a role in a regional SWAT team. I am still in the Guard as an NCO in a MP Battalion. I have only seen action as an MP doing pretty mundane things and have no good war stories, sorry guys. I may be deployed again before this year is over, however.

So as you can probably guess, I play woodsball, and love it. I enjoy the tactical challenges associated with some of the wild scenarios that we come up with. The teacher in me also appreciates being able to show young people some of the basic skills of soldiering that can be applied in paintball. And of course safety is priority number one.

My equipment also reflects my mind's ability to only trust the good ol' brands like Tippmann. I have a 98 Custom but am modifying it to be pretty darn fancy compared to what I grew up with. So far I've put in an RT kit, expansion chamber, rocket cock, J&J Ceramic barrel, and a Halo TSA Backman loader. I have a Cyclone feeder on the way.
methusaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well, please allow me to be the first one to welcome you to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here, it's a fantastic place.

III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Welcome!!!

Glad you made your way here...

Carter

Edit:
P.S., next little get together around your way using those older guns (12 gram play) can be found here:

North Shore 12g play day Nov 18 2006
Painthappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Welcome to MCB.

As usual, be prepared to become rich in friends, good times and vintage paintball gear, poor in money.

(But since money is the root of all evil, all is good.)

-rat
Old 10-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Quote:
But since money is the root of all evil, all is good.)
You mis quoted that, its the lust of money, not money itself.

Anywho Check your wallet at the door if you plan on having any money at all.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Ah... the obligatory "watch your wallet!" statements...
WELCOME!!

I have somehow avoided the whole "losing one's money" thing... But I think I just found what I want to fund next......

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
welcome aboard
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Wow, your name looks an awful lot like a regular member here, Methuselah! Well, now we've got two of you to confuse ourselves with... Welcome!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks folks! As you can see I will be peppering the forums with questions and stuff that I have!

I was unaware that another member had a similar name as me, I've been using this handle since I was in high school about 13 years ago, on everything from bodybuilding to automotive sites, and I'm just used to it I guess.
methusaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Hey man,welcome to MCB.I see you're in MA,what part?
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat