mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilD View Post
While I agree that an adult made a very poor decision in this case, it is a tragic accident. I fail to see how throwing additional retribution and damnation around is going to make anything better for anyone.

I'm quite certain anyone involved with the incident is already suffering far worse punishment than some crusading ******* will accomplish by leveling charges over the incident. Just imagining the horror and anguish at the gruesome scene makes me sick, and my heart goes out to anyone there and especially to that boy and his family.
I'd crusade against that kind of ignorance. Due to the child's young age I'm almost certain that the negligence shown will prompt some kind of charge. I've seen many young die before their time and have cried alongside with fathers who outlived their children,,, something I never want to experience so help me Father. Honor the lost life and let justice make sure this kind of mishap happens never again. My heart goes out to all those affected by the loss of such a young life. Very very sad.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilD View Post
While I agree that an adult made a very poor decision in this case, it is a tragic accident. I fail to see how throwing additional retribution and damnation around is going to make anything better for anyone.

I'm quite certain anyone involved with the incident is already suffering far worse punishment than some crusading ******* will accomplish by leveling charges over the incident. Just imagining the horror and anguish at the gruesome scene makes me sick, and my heart goes out to anyone there and especially to that boy and his family.
You can honestly say that people that are that fricken stupid to allow a 8 year old to handle a fully automatic weapon shouldn't be punished?

When the next person that does this kills your family/friend I'll be sure to quote this back to you...
Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

How many 8 year olds go to a range without one of their parents? Or would shoot anything other than under that parent's care? Not many replies seem to realize that it was most likely the boy's father that passed the gun to him and then watched the result.

Also although a good range safety officer would likely have had suggestions about this if it was anything like the range I saw this weekend with around 50 people shooting at the line and only two safety officers it's quite possible that they had no idea that the parent or adult in control of the boy was going to let him fire that gun with a fully loaded magazine.
miracle in some small way.........
Old 10-28-2008, 02:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

That was actually my initial thought,,, and if it was in fact the child's father then he will undoubtedly be in a world where none of us would venture going. Still,,, don't most ranges have rules about such things?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

I've been real busy since I posted this....It is sad......I cringe when I see someone with a kid shooting firearms and know the gun has too much power for the kid.....
Old 10-29-2008, 12:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
You can honestly say that people that are that fricken stupid to allow a 8 year old to handle a fully automatic weapon shouldn't be punished?

When the next person that does this kills your family/friend I'll be sure to quote this back to you...
If they are decent people (although stupid / misguided or ignorant of what firepower that was) tehn the life of a child on their hands is going to be one hell of a punishment.

Thats why this is the US and not some middle eastren country where emotion takes the place of law. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, but it does work a majority of the time.

Lets just all agree that this was a sad, sad thing, and think / wish / pray for the family.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat